Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 with field applied paint & transitional

Article about: Collector friend has these and I’m looking at adding them to my collection , just want to know if the look correct. He mentioned the Transitional came as a shell only and he added liner. S

Default M40 with field applied paint & transitional

Collector friend has these and I’m looking at adding them to my collection , just want to know if the look correct. He mentioned the Transitional came as a shell only and he added liner. Sorry the pics are limited.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 with field applied paint & transitional   M40 with field applied paint & transitional  

M40 with field applied paint & transitional   M40 with field applied paint & transitional  

M40 with field applied paint & transitional   M40 with field applied paint & transitional  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 with field applied paint & transitional
    P
    Many

The liner and name-tag look nice and it probably (once ) was a good helmet - BUT, the new paint and wire destroy any collectability it had!!

No-one would've tied wire to the bails like that anyway - it would pull the chinstrap way out!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

M38
    ?

I agree with Danmark about the first helmet. The tranny has a fake liner and we need a close up picture of the decal to see if it is any good. The paint on that one is suspect as well, better photos needed. I would not want to own either of these helmets from what we see here.

Cheers,
    Terry

Would definitely like to see more photos of the M16 re-issue. Side on, from the front etc. A closeup of what I assume are ink stamps in the rear skirt would also be interesting.

Agree with Terry re: the paint. Looks a little fresh in the photos. The shape of the shell looks a little odd too but may just be the angle.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Agree with the above. On the tranny, I think I see some pitting on the underside of the rear skirt. Could just be the photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)