Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 German helmet. Potentially ex SS based on the party shield under the heer decal on the left side.

Article about: Thoughts on the originality of this helmet? I’m reserved about the liner but the paint and decals could be good? Seller claims it’s just single decal. Should be a police helmet because t

Default M40 German helmet. Potentially ex SS based on the party shield under the heer decal on the left side.

Thoughts on the originality of this helmet?
    I’m reserved about the liner but the paint and decals could be good?
    Seller claims it’s just single decal.
    Should be a police helmet because the party shield is in the left and not the right.
    Ex SS reissued.
    All opinions welcome!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 German helmet. Potentially ex SS based on the party shield under the heer decal on the left side.   M40 German helmet. Potentially ex SS based on the party shield under the heer decal on the left side.  

M40 German helmet. Potentially ex SS based on the party shield under the heer decal on the left side.   M40 German helmet. Potentially ex SS based on the party shield under the heer decal on the left side.  

M40 German helmet. Potentially ex SS based on the party shield under the heer decal on the left side.   M40 German helmet. Potentially ex SS based on the party shield under the heer decal on the left side.  

M40 German helmet. Potentially ex SS based on the party shield under the heer decal on the left side.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 German helmet. Potentially ex SS based on the party shield under the heer decal on the left side.
    P
    Many

Looks like a post war painted Norwegian one somebody tried to look for decals on both sides. Nothing decent anymore here.

MAP
    ?

Odd. thought I posted on this yesterday. Guess I never hit "send".

Agree with Frank. Decals look dug out.

I can't see another decal under the Heer Adler but can't be sure as the quality of photos is poor and expanding them results in them getting fuzzy.

This is certainly not a wartime refurb/repaint. Wrong color/texture of paint. Will defer to others if it is Norwegian but I trust Franks insight.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think with all the issues with this helmet - scratched/dug decals, missing split pin and most of the leather gone awol and the mouth watering price ( I have seen it some time ago on a well known UK dealers site) I would personally give it a wide berth.

I agree that it looks somewhat dug out - i disagree that its a Norwegian Reissue. The Paint color and glossyness does not match at all with the Norwegian one.