Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 Heer Helmet

Article about: Hey guys just got this from a fellow collector on this sight! I would like to thank him immensely as Iam very happy with it. It is a ET64. Sorry the lighting in my house is bad and when it c

MAP
    ?

Very nice. To paraphrase LarryC "It's not the size of your collection but your passion for it"

You will see how quickly it will grow!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Heer Helmet
    P
    Many

Hey guys I hope everybody is having a wonderful night. I had a question the liner is in really good shape and I’d like to keep it that way but I notice the liner fingers do start to bend down once sat down for awhile. I remember you guys told me how to stop that and I’ve looked for it but I couldn’t find it so I was wondering if you guys could tell me ways to prevent that, that won’t chemically react to the liner causing damage I’ve heard cotton does that but it would be much appreciated

MAP
    ?

Take some plastic bags. Roll them up to prop it up.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Okay great I have tons of those I save from the grocery store lol. Would the plastic react with the liner in anyway???

MAP
    ?

Or use an old cotton tee shirt

Okay thank you Map! I think I’m going to try the plastic bags at first

MAP
    ?

I've never had a problem with plastic bags. Or bubble wrap

Hi Giants .... Those Helmets have been around for 80 years, probably seen more action than we’ll ever see in our lifetimes .... I don’t think a kitchen roll holder or Walmart Carrier Bags are going to harm the Helmets!!

Very nice display Giants - I like this helmet and the M42 also. I think, having looked at several, you have chosen two very nice ones.

Finally had a sunny day! Here are a few decent photos of the helmet. Excuse my patio furniture lol.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Heer Helmet   M40 Heer Helmet  

M40 Heer Helmet  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast