Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Helmet

Article about: I have a M40 German helmet with ET64 and lot number 1253. I have looked all around the internet and can't find this anywhere please someone if you know tell me. It would be MUCH appreciated!

Default M40 Helmet

I have a M40 German helmet with ET64 and lot number 1253. I have looked all around the internet and can't find this anywhere please someone if you know tell me. It would be MUCH appreciated!!M40 HelmetlM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I don't understand. What is your question. Plus do you have any photos to show?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My question is does anyone have information on what branch, etc this helmet went to. Yes I can take pictures right now if I can figure out how to do it here. The helmet has been refurbished so no original paint, decals, etc are showing.

I edited to put the picture in.

you would need more info than just the batch number and makers mark usually helmet color, and decal would definetly tell but since it’s refurbished it’s probably whatever branch that person who refurbished it wanted it to be you should add photos of all of the helmet also.

I posted more pictures of it. Also I have seen there's a book you can buy that has alot of lot numbers in it and info on the helmets specific to it but I really don't wanna spend $20+ just to find one helmet. Not expecting y'all to either but if you already have the book it would be much appreciated to know what my helmet was branch wise and maybe even if it was a double decal or single.

Ignore the clutter I apologize. In a hotel room so the areas that have good lighting are odd.

Well it looks Like to me someone constructed a DD Heer helmet, are you sure the shell is not a reproduction? I’m not good enough to tell but I was just checking. (You do not have to cover up the swastika here)

Yah he constructed it as a double decal HEER helmet to M35 spec. I'm sure it's real. I got it from GermanHelmetsINC which I've heard nothing but good about and that all his stuff is true/ real. As for the Swastika part thank you for letting me know. I just know some people get offended easily.

- - ------- - -

I'm 100% confident it's real plus the edges are really tight/ neatly rolled and the ET64 and 1253 are stamped in really well/ neat.

MAP
    ?

Lot #'s are not a reliable way to determine what branch the helmet was originally issued to.

Now that the helmet has been repainted and the original decal removed there is no way to tell.

While from what it can see of the font, the shell does appear to be original, the chinstrap is a repro and I would suspect the liner as well
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast