MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Helmet

Article about: Hello Forum, This M40 helmet is for sale, the pics are... definitly not good, but i generally like what i see. From the vents i would say its a quist helmet. The stamps are thickly overpaint

Default M40 Helmet

Hello Forum,

This M40 helmet is for sale, the pics are... definitly not good, but i generally like what i see. From the vents i would say its a quist helmet.
    The stamps are thickly overpainted, in general it seems like a reissue to me, but that would be weird for an M40?

Decal looks rubbed, i think it could be an ex withwash helmet, as atleast the vents and other parts seemingly have white remains.

In general, an helmet i am really unsure what to think about he outside looks good so far, but the rather rough and thick inside is not what i would expect from an M40, any opinions would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

M40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 HelmetM40 Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Adravor. What’s up dude. It looks ok. Maybe better pics of liner when it comes. It’s pretty salty so I don’t know if that’s white wash or not or just typical old Smutz but it is Def a German Helmet LOL with all parts that seem to match. Shame about the decal but I know some can’t have that on anyway w out getting in some trouble.
    Z

PS IM looking on phone Adravor and can’t zoom in to see. That or the pics are low res. But it could be factory paint. And just lightly stamped.

But if it’s a grittier type. It could have just been “refreshed” at a depot of something. Can’t tell if the maker stamps are lightly stamped or painted over. That would give you your answer.

Could have received an overpaint, for whatever reason.
    Lot number might be DN322 (my guess anyway) which would make sense with the Q style air vents.
    It's salty but overall still looks pretty good.
    Liner might be dry and fragile though looking at the spot where it broke.
    Actually, I think the leather was added recently when someone decided to "restore" it, the thread looks very bright and I see what might be incorrect stitching to attach the felt strip to the leather.
    Luis
    On second thought it ought to say "bright thread" but you get the idea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Helmet  

That would have been a lot of work for a really crappy job then LOL. Could have ripped recently though

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    That would have been a lot of work for a really crappy job then LOL. Could have ripped recently though
    I'm not sure, I've seen things like that being done before.
    Better pictures would definitely help but it's not out of the realms of possibility that that is indeed the case.
    Luis

P.S. and trust me, I've seen some horribly "restored" liners, a lot worse than this one.

I agree with you PotatoDigger, definitly looks like it was resewn there good eyes! I would guess the liner is original, but was fixed up at that part, has to be definitly in mind regarding the price.

Havent bought it yet, would have to talk the seller down anyways, but i like the more saltier look of it. The texture looks quite like the possible Withewash u have PotatoDigger, and what makes me especially think of a possible whitewash is the scrubbed decal, i have seen a helmet that was a confirmed as ex withwash with a similar look.

I will ask for better decal closeups, could either confirm or debunk that theory! In any case, thanks for the Opinions guys!

Seller send me an additional Decal Closeup, his camera seems really not up to modern standarts, i dont know what to think about this, it looks washed, but the question is why? Either really an ex whitewash, or a heavilly messed with decal i imagine.

M40 Helmet

MAP
    ?

Definitely need better photos (inside and out). But I see no remnants of ex-white wash. It doesn't look recently scrubbed to me however.

I would lean towards some type of repair work to stabilize the liner. But could equally be a poor attempt at a replacement.

I think we could all speculate but only an in hand inspection would tell.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The Seller wants 450 and is not willing to go down, but with the repaired liner, the weird looking decal remains, and no stamps, thats definitly too much, so i´m gonna pass.