Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Helmet in lay size

Article about: Hi all, i have recently bought a original ww2 german M40 shell but need the bank and inlay for it. Does anyone know how i know what size fits the helmet is there a chart or a certain way to

Default M40 Helmet in lay size

Hi all,

i have recently bought a original ww2 german M40 shell but need the bank and inlay for it. Does anyone know how i know what size fits the helmet is there a chart or a certain way to measure them?

thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Helmet in lay size
    P
    Many

Hello,
    There should be a shell size stamped in the inner skirt, like 60, 62, 64, 66 or 68...
    Each shell can receive a liner band of the right size and a liner that can accomodate 2 head sizes.
    The shell 64 can receive liners for head sizes 56 and 57 cm, shell 66 can receive 58 and 59 cm etc.....
    The shell size will tell you what liner band and liner you need...
    Not sure this is what you're looking for, but it seemed logical to me...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Pictures?

MAP
    ?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    There should be a shell size stamped in the inner skirt, like 60, 62, 64, 66 or 68...
    Each shell can receive a liner band of the right size and a liner that can accomodate 2 head sizes.
    The shell 64 can receive liners for head sizes 56 and 57 cm, shell 66 can receive 58 and 59 cm etc.....
    The shell size will tell you what liner band and liner you need...
    Not sure this is what you're looking for, but it seemed logical to me...
    Thanks
    Building off of this great advice.....here is a nice chart in the link below

German Steel Helmets 101: Understanding the WWII German Stahlhelm – The Ruptured Duck, LLC

And agree with Jim. Photos are always needed.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ohh, I get it now -"inlay size" ....... I thought it was a helmet in LAY size and I thought there was a huge gap in my helmet size edumacation ...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "