Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M40 KM - EF66 - Lot # 5152

Article about: I first saw this helmet in 1990, the day I met Joe Godfrey. *I stopped at a junk shop and asked the proprietor if he had any helmets. *Coincidentally, Joe was in the shop, heard me and asked

Default M40 KM - EF66 - Lot # 5152

I first saw this helmet in 1990, the day I met Joe Godfrey. *I stopped at a junk shop and asked the proprietor if he had any helmets. *Coincidentally, Joe was in the shop, heard me and asked if I collected helmets. *We stuck up a conversation and he said he was a collector too, and had 2 helmets in his truck that he was considering selling - an M35 beaded LS, nearly mint, and this KM. *I bought the Luftschutz, and passed on the KM. *He ended up keeping the KM. *That day*Joe and I became, and still are, very good friends. *Probably 15 years later I was at his house, saw*the KM on the shelf, and mentioned that chance encounter so many years before. *Joe recalled the meeting as well, and off handedly said that the KM was again possibly on the block. *I asked him what the current price was and he said "If I recall, I offered this to you*for $---." *The price he mentioned was his 1990 price. *I said yes, but what would he need now. *He said "Same price" (which was a very fair price in 1990, and a steal in 2005!).* Joe has always been more than fair with me over the years (he is the one my wife has always called my "helmet pusher"), and I have probably bought 100 helmets from him over the years, but this was beyond! *Anyway, here it is, an EF66, lot # 5152. *Joe put a post*War chinstrap on it after the deal was struck and I have left it on. *The steel banded liner has most of the leather, which is supple. *The missing parts were, I suspect, removed by the Vet as it appears that there is some blood rot on the cut edges. *The decal has seen better days, but is probably 60% there. *Not mint, but representative. *Hope you like it. *Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 KM - EF66 - Lot # 5152   M40 KM - EF66 - Lot # 5152  

M40 KM - EF66 - Lot # 5152   M40 KM - EF66 - Lot # 5152  

M40 KM - EF66 - Lot # 5152  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 KM - EF66 - Lot # 5152
    P
    Many

Jim, you must have one hell of a stack of KM helmets already on your shelf if you passed this one over for a Luftschutz! A lovely lid with good natural wear, I love it. Leon.

Really nice helmet - I like the decal. I've seen a lot of 'KM' helmets for sale which look nothing like this, just a yellowed Heer. No sparkle at all
    nick

Yes...Joe is good people. I was at his house 4 years ago...he was liquidating. Wish I had a friend like that. My best helmet buddy charges me market price for helmets. Hard thing to do, separate business from friendship. Like "Walking the razors edge".

Nice navy Jim...never saw a navy decal on an EF. Somewhat of a rarity.

?

Nice one.

Nice Jim,great looking helmet