Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake

Article about: Hi guys! So I think I have finally bought my first bad helmet.! The pictures where bad but he was a old guy so I excused it and he was very nice so I overlooked the decal like a dumbie becau

Default M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake

Here is the latest pick up I went ahead and waited to judge the decal until I see it in hand but it does not look to great to me especially around the swastica of what little you can see on the left side and the talon hanging onto it. So we will see I thought it was a SE but the more I look at it I’m starting to think it could be a Quist made helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake   M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake  

M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake   M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake  

M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake   M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake  

M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake  
    Last edited by Giants77; 09-23-2020 at 11:57 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake
    P
    Many

So I keep looking at the Luftwaffe decal that I bought and I do think it’s a reproduction decal I’ve been studying original and fake decals on the German helmet vault and it does seem to have consistency’s with a fake decal any other opinions to confirm the decal is fake or maybe authentic is greatly appreciated and when the helmet gets here I’ll get a clear picture of the decal. Thank you
    guys!

Here is a picture of a reproduction decal compared to the decal on the helmet I bought this is a reproduction decal that was shown on German helmet Vault.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake  
    Attached Images Attached Images M40 Luftwaffe helmet fake 

I haven't got Franks list handy but Brian's one has several Quist lids at #31175 as SD luft ( but to me while the vent is big, it doesn't look big enough? )
    anyway, that bird is certainly dodgy looking .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I agree Danmark the vent whole on the helmet does look weird also I thought it resembled a SE But could resemble a Quist also Maybe a fake shell as well? I think I have finally got burned on a German helmet but oh well I will learn from this helmet certainly.

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    I agree Danmark the vent whole on the helmet does look weird also I thought it resembled a SE But could resemble a Quist also Maybe a fake shell as well? I think I have finally got burned on a German helmet but oh well I will learn from this helmet certainly.
    No, I don't think the shell is bad - in fact, other than the decal and chinstrap I like it! ..... I just cant decide if its a Quist or not ...are you saying it has NO makers stamp?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I think you are right in it being a Quist also comparing the vents it resembles a Quist helmet more.

Also the seller did not say anything about the makers mark But I just still took the chance on it he said he didn’t know a whole lot about German helmets and it was from his dad who was a WW2 vet and he had it for 25 years but is old himself now so is letting it go.
    Last edited by Giants77; 09-24-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Frankly, I think the decal is good. It definitely is not the same as the fake decal that you posted for comparison. Look at the horizontal line over the bird's left foot, it is a thin line on the fake, it is thick on real decals. The shell looks like a textbook Q, and has a lot # 31175. While not completely determinative, on the lot # database on GHW, the only Q M40 with a lot # 31175 is a SD Luft. The decal on your piece is damaged, but in my opinion it is good. Jim G.

I would agree that the decal is original​ - the quality of the print is the first thing I notice. (all be it somewhat rubbed)
    It is a Quist shell to me, colour, vents and reinforced liners tend to spring up on M40 Qs.

?

any way, I like the helmet.

Good Quist helmet with a good Quist Luft decal IMO. Examine the talons carefully.
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast