Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 or M42 question Help Please

Article about: I may have the option to pick up a ND M40 or ND M42. The authenticity and liners are not in question IMO and I would not have an issue with either of them, but I would have thought the M40 s

Default M40 or M42 question Help Please

I may have the option to pick up a ND M40 or ND M42. The authenticity and liners are not in question IMO and I would not have an issue with either of them, but I would have thought the M40 should have had decals. Were any produced without? The M42 is more common to be seen as a ND. The asking price for either is $650. Is this in the current price range for a good condition lid? Any opinions are appreciated. Paint in good condition, liner and split pins look good and so on. Just ND. Chin straps also look good on both.
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 or M42 question Help Please
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

The Quist company produced M40 helmets until the end of the war so you see quite a few of those with no decals. The price is within range for both, not a bargain but not crazy either. A much better opinion on either or both would be possible with photos!

Cheers,
    Terry

Thank you. I have had trouble with the site even logging in today. I would like to pick up for $500 if possible. Both are good and I will take pics if I end up with either or both.
    John

MAP
    ?

Just to add, if the M40 is a Quist, the maker and lot number should be stamped in the rear instead of the side
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)