Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 Normandy Camo

Article about: Hi guys I hope everyone is well! Work days seem to be to long to look for helmets lately lol! But I’ve found one that will be the last helmet of the 2020 for me. It’s posted as a “Norm

Default M40 Normandy Camo

Hi guys I hope everyone is well! Work days seem to be to long to look for helmets lately lol! But I’ve found one that will be the last helmet of the 2020 for me.
    It’s posted as a “Normandy camo” but I think it’s more of a Italian front camo I forget the term for that style of camo. Everything looks good to me and the name tag and Veteran provenance are cool also.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Normandy Camo   M40 Normandy Camo  

M40 Normandy Camo   M40 Normandy Camo  

M40 Normandy Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Normandy Camo
    P
    Many

Looks good to me G77. Based on the documents that McIntosh served in North Africa then Italy, I agree most likely picked up during the Italy Campaign. Good provenance, you really can't get much better than that.

I'd call it - Sudfront.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Very nice item Giants77 and nice to have the provenance to go with it. A keeper for sure.

Really nice pick up. Hard to improve on this one
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thomas McIntosh was Army Air Force, can't make out the Squadron patch on his M41.

Thank you guys! And sudfront is the name of the camo style thank you! Also BlackCat yes you are correct I think it was the 79th fighter group as the seller mentioned and mentions it in this newspaper.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Normandy Camo  

MAP
    ?

Is it a rear stamped Q? I don't see a ghosting of a decal. Could be there under the paint.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Map sorry about that I forgot to add the lot number and maker it’s a Side stamp ET and I asked about the decal and the seller said that there is a heer decal under the paint just hard to see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 Normandy Camo   M40 Normandy Camo  

M40 Normandy Camo  

Very nice pickup - the decal (or hard to see decal) - we've seen this before with camos. Sometimes very hard to see.
    Anyway - with the added provenance - super cool
    nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast