Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

m40 - opinions appreciated!

Article about: Hi, regarding this helmet I am not quite sure what to think. The leather definitely looks old, and also when you touch it, it's definitely not new. The liner too seems to be original, as wel

?

Default m40 - opinions appreciated!

Hi, regarding this helmet I am not quite sure what to think. The leather definitely looks old, and also when you touch it, it's definitely not new. The liner too seems to be original, as well as the color on the inside. As for the outside color, I am not sure.
    The stamp is rather odd, it's in the back, where you normally find the the lot number and it reads (hard to guess) DNS64. No stamp one the side.
    Chinstrap stamped Heinrich Sohn KG Neu-Ulm 1941. On the right side there might have been a decal that has been removed at some time (maybe some post-war use?). The remains of the left decal are metallic, definitely not white. I have some 100% original helmets, and comparing to them this helmet seems to be original but like never worn. I appreciate your comments!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m40 - opinions appreciated!   m40 - opinions appreciated!  

m40 - opinions appreciated!   m40 - opinions appreciated!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m40 - opinions appreciated!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: m40 - opinions appreciated!

Quote by steffe View Post
    Hi, regarding this helmet I am not quite sure what to think. The leather definitely looks old, and also when you touch it, it's definitely not new. The liner too seems to be original, as well as the color on the inside. As for the outside color, I am not sure.
    The stamp is rather odd, it's in the back, where you normally find the the lot number and it reads (hard to guess) DNS64. No stamp one the side.
    Chinstrap stamped Heinrich Sohn KG Neu-Ulm 1941. On the right side there might have been a decal that has been removed at some time (maybe some post-war use?). The remains of the left decal are metallic, definitely not white. I have some 100% original helmets, and comparing to them this helmet seems to be original but like never worn. I appreciate your comments!
    Helmet and liner are ok , decal is impossible to tell.

?

My feeling that the decal is OK, but- the decal in that condition is nearly impossible to tell. And for sure the price for that helmet must be not high
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

w~j
    ?

i like it but it's gotta be a good price..
    wayne

?

Thanks for your help guys! Its encouraging to hear that you share my view on originality. However, what do you think is a fair price - just wondering

?

Quote by steffe View Post
    Thanks for your help guys! Its encouraging to hear that you share my view on originality. However, what do you think is a fair price - just wondering
    For a helmet like that not taking in consideration the decal no more than $500.

Nice looking lid!
    I would think postwar denazification of SS decal on a mint and un-issued helmet Shame if it was an original decal but like dimas say's too hard to tell now.
    I would leave it exactly like it is.Chin strap look's nice.
    Good luck with it

Tom