Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet

Article about: My latest Luft helmet arrived today, an M40 SD ET62. It all appears original to me but opinions and comments are welcome. It looks like it had been sitting on a wrought iron chair or table f

?

Default M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet

My latest Luft helmet arrived today, an M40 SD ET62. It all appears original to me but opinions and comments are welcome. It looks like it had been sitting on a wrought iron chair or table for some time leaving behind the rusted imprint on the top.

M40 SD Luftwaffe helmetM40 SD Luftwaffe helmet

M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet

M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet
    M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet
    Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet
    P
    Many

?

Here it is with my other Luft lids....

M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet

M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet

M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet

M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet
    Regards, Al

I think i own a cousin of yours, this one: Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40

Also ET 62 Luftwaffe, but Lotn. 1012. They both share the similar dark paint and general look. Very nice one, and a nice Lufty collection!

?

Thank you for the link Adravor, I do see the resemblance. Mine is also a very dark blue. Here are the original website photos for more comparison.

Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

A fine looking helmet Al. Nice addition to your collection.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A really nice one Aldo. The marks on the dome are interesting as they seem to continue onto areas where the dome starts to curve, so most likely not on a flat surface. A lot of Lufties seem to have stacking marks, but stacked on what for this example?

Congratulations,
    Andy

?

Thanks Andy, I'm not sure if the marks are on the flat part of the dome or not I'll have to take a closer look. The marks immediately made me compare it to a wrought iron table in my yard. I'd be interested to know what else it could be. Thanks, Al

Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Thanks Andy, I'm not sure if the marks are on the flat part of the dome or not I'll have to take a closer look. The marks immediately made me compare it to a wrought iron table in my yard. I'd be interested to know what else it could be. Thanks, Al

Or a BBQ grill.

Come on...admit it. You were wearing it while cooking up some Brats and it fell off and landed on the grill........
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)