Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M40 SD Opinions?

Article about: Markings on the shell are Q66 S1874. Liner is marked with 58. Metal part of the liner also has 58 stamped behind the left ear. Has some other letters stamped behind the right ear W.M... or s

?

Default M40 SD Opinions?

Markings on the shell are Q66 S1874. Liner is marked with 58. Metal part of the liner also has 58 stamped behind the left ear. Has some other letters stamped behind the right ear W.M... or something, couldn't get a good view. End of the chinstrap is stamped with H. Eger & Linde, Seligenthal 1940.
    All info is appreciated. Thank you.
    M40 SD Opinions?M40 SD Opinions?M40 SD Opinions?M40 SD Opinions?M40 SD Opinions?M40 SD Opinions?M40 SD Opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD Opinions?
    P
    Many

The decal is a poor fake Q decal.

Is there uberhaupt a 'kriegsmarine bigfoot decal' equivalent to the heer Quist decal ?

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Is there uberhaupt a 'kriegsmarine bigfoot decal' equivalent to the heer Quist decal ?
    No, Quist never made Q KM decals.

Since Quist never stopped making M40s, there is a point where they would be ND. Your helmet is in a lot number zone where there is no clear indication of whether it had a decal or not, even though rear marked. You may want to look for the liner date. I’m looking on my phone, so I can’t see quality photos, but I am not sure about the liner.

?

Okay I'll try to get a pic of it. Just don't want to pull too hard on it.

?

Metal band has 1943 in the middle with the top circle ending in "hpk" I think. Tough to see rest. Bottom of the circle ends in E or F. W.M.

MAP
    ?

Agree with the above. Rear stamped Q helmets should not have a decal. And Q did not make a KM decal.

Not sure if I like the leather liner as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nothing to see here , next.