Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 single decal Heer

Article about: Hello guys, I have already posted this one here in another topic, but pictures were bad and lacking, therefore I made another topic. I finally got better pictures from the seller, so I would

?

Default M40 single decal Heer

Hello guys,

I have already posted this one here in another topic, but pictures were bad and lacking, therefore I made another topic. I finally got better pictures from the seller, so I would like to check it with you before purchase. It is a salty one, but I thought to buy it as the first and reference one before making more serious purchase. Seller wants at least 550 euro for it ...Is the price reasonable ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 single decal Heer   M40 single decal Heer  

M40 single decal Heer   M40 single decal Heer  

M40 single decal Heer   M40 single decal Heer  

M40 single decal Heer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 single decal Heer
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Salty but complete (less a chin strap of course). But.....I would like to see a close up of the exterior of the rivets and inside split pins. I think I see bits of black paint on them. Could be my tired and blurry eyes ( from the Max Show drinks last night Lol)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I personally don't see anything wrong with this example. The split pins may be replacements due to the black paint that MAP pointed out.

MAP
    ?

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    I personally don't see anything wrong with this example. The split pins may be replacements due to the black paint that MAP pointed out.
    Hence if replaced...then the liner is probably replaced which impacts the value significantly....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is salty - but still a very nice helmet.

There is also some black paint on the exterior of the shell itself - not sure what to make of this.

Can we see photos of the split pins?

Nick

The split pins look like a dark blue, possibly off a Luftwaffe lid? But I would say their replaced at some point and as map has stated it would effect its value, but a nice salty one.

?

I thought you want photos from inside ... Best photos he told me he can make, leather is already stiff and he did not want to damage the helmet ...M40 single decal HeerM40 single decal HeerM40 single decal HeerM40 single decal Heer

I don't see any black paint , the darker paint on the one rivet looks darker grey to me.
    So far I see no issues.

Looks like a good untouched M40
    Z

In comparing the black background of the Heer decal with the paint on the front left rivet head, I am also seeing what looks like black paint. The top of the split pin inside on the left looks a little shiny too, at least in these photos.

Perhaps one or two rivets were replaced at some point or the whole liner. Would be good to see what the rear liner pin head on the outside looks like too! All original parts though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast