MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M40 tri color q 66

Article about: This one was a direct Vet pick up. Unfortunately, I did not find out where it was found. Has all he characteristics of a "Normandy type" camo. Thanks for looking

Default M40 tri color q 66

This one was a direct Vet pick up. Unfortunately, I did not find out where it was found. Has all he characteristics of a "Normandy type" camo.
    Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 tri color q 66   M40 tri color q 66  

M40 tri color q 66   M40 tri color q 66  

M40 tri color q 66  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 tri color q 66
    P
    Many

?

A great Normandy original camo M40, thanks for showing it.

Nice one David! Must have slipped my mind to reply on this post! Judging by the heavy wear to the paint work under the cammo, yet an above decent liner, I guess that the owner of this one had a long and close relationship that probably required a period liner replacement. I see no issues with the cammo/shell relationship myself, a fine helmet as ever, thanks for showing it. Leon.

Hi Leon. Good eyes you have to see that.
    But do want to point out that Q M40 heer & police helmets were very prone to the factory paint chipping off in pieces, sometimes the size of a dime or larger. Really the only manufacturer that suffered that problem. It left a blackish "undercoat" where it chipped, we don't know if it was a type of faulty primer or what it is. Q M40 also were prone to the factory paint "bubbling"...especially on the inside rim. There are many examples I have seen showing these flaws.
    Thanks for looking & observing

Quote by real steel View Post
    Hi Leon. Good eyes you have to see that.
    But do want to point out that Q M40 heer & police helmets were very prone to the factory paint chipping off in pieces, sometimes the size of a dime or larger. Really the only manufacturer that suffered that problem. It left a blackish "undercoat" where it chipped, we don't know if it was a type of faulty primer or what it is. Q M40 also were prone to the factory paint "bubbling"...especially on the inside rim. There are many examples I have seen showing these flaws.
    Thanks for looking & observing
    Hi David, I love to see good lids like this and try and learn (remembering is my problem, I have a memory like a sieve!) I did not know that Q had an adhesive problem on the M40 so yet again you have shared a very valuable insight, thanks. I would still be inclined personally to think that the helmet had some good use before the cammo was applied. What is your personal thoughts as you have it in hand? Do you think the liner is it's one and only, or a possible period replacement? I do not think for one second that the liners leather is post war replaced as it sits beautifully against the band. Leon.

That is a beauty! I love these "Normandy" camo's and it is always a pleasure to see a one look example like this one. Jim G.

Hi Leon
    Tomorrow will see if I can find an example or two of a non-camo QM40 showing the paint chips on the exterior as I stated....easier to see that way.
    Thanks for your interest & always a fun topic.
    Thanks too Jim.

Luftwaffe???? Looks blue grey interior on my screen and is that a wing tip in the 5th photo?
    Cracker in any case......

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Dan
    No it is an army. Sunlight makes it look blue, you are right. There is a very faint outline of heer decal underneath & a little silver too. So hard to photo up close to show it. Working on that & something else. If you look close, can see the outline of underneath heer decal. Along the top is easier to see, & the left side ...my wife threatened to toss my computer in the pool if I don't get off this forum. Been 2 straight weeks.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 tri color q 66