Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)

Article about: Wanted to show these somewhat striking pics of my Normandy type helmet & another owned by Ken B. Ken had put his on his site about a year ago. I saw it & thought...WOW !! Looks a bit

Default M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)

Wanted to show these somewhat striking pics of my Normandy type helmet & another owned by Ken B. Ken had put his on his site about a year ago. I saw it & thought...WOW !! Looks a bit like mine. Colors are exact, patina, amount of existing paint coverage, the spray method used to paint, the tan base coats, both 1943 dated (liners), and both Q66 Heer. Even the liners have similar wear, used but not too much since being issued in 1943. Mine is pigskin so a bit more durable

What really caught my attention was the "8th Komp" inked into the liners in similar style. Granted there were numerous 8th Komp in France..so I make no claim they are from the same Komp. But the fact is, neither of us ever saw a heer helmet Komp ID like this, Neither did anyone else who saw them. So I sent my helmet to Ken to photo the 2 together.

Mine is the one on the left with the strap over the dome (the nicer one) LOL

Some of you may have seen these on the other forum, however I thought them worthy to post here too. They are wonderful to look at IMO

Wife threatened bad things for me if I don't step off of this computer. You guys are to blame
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)   M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)  

M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)   M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)  

M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)   M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)  

M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)
    P
    Many

Beautiful David, that really is a striking pair! The unit ID is also a very interesting addition, as you say, may or may not be the same Kompanie but either way two superb helmets. Leon.

What a good idea to get these two related (stunning) helmets in the same room as each other, and have some good pics taken to mark the occasion.

MAP
    ?

I think I remember these....lovely David
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Interesting...the pair look to almost be inked by the same hand in the liners and the camo paint looks near identical in style and application as well...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Was a funny thing. I tried to buy the one Ken sold from the new owner. Well he wanted mine. So no deal was done.
    Thanks guys...

Quote by real steel View Post
    Was a funny thing. I tried to buy the one Ken sold from the new owner. Well he wanted mine. So no deal was done.
    Thanks guys...
    I don't blame the fella one bit David, it's just a stale mate that is well worth preserving! You are both fortunate to have "one half" each. If I can find the time in the next day or two, I will photograph my proper combat used SS CKL66 M42 in the new "light box/storage crate" for you to have a butchers at. Leon.

Great examples. These spray painted camo jobs would have been painted in batches for sure, and the painter would develop a style in the way the colours were applied. Such is the similarity of the arrangement of colour tones I don't think it's stretching it to suggest they may have been painted by the same hand, or at least another from the same unit.

I could well imagine the 8th Kompanie maintenance man doing a run of these, marking the unit in each before / after painting - there could possibly be more than these two survivors.......!!

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers) 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I know these twins David.... this one came out of jersey many years ago...... quite simular 😍
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 tri color twins (or at least brothers)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast