Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 with black finish?

Article about: I just picked up this hkp M42 and it has me stumped. Inside, the helmet is finished in the usual gray-green. The outside of the helmet, however, appears to be black. Could this be a wartime

?

Here are a few pictures of my black luftschutz M40 beaded and I think it's signed but I can't make it out.. anyone? I have a couple more pictures to add as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 with black finish?   M42 with black finish?  

M42 with black finish?   M42 with black finish?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 with black finish?
    P
    Many

?

Okay that's all
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 with black finish?   M42 with black finish?  

M42 with black finish?  

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Okay that's all
    I apologize for not cropping the pictures as I haven't posted photos here for many years.. I will try editing them again, but for the meantime I hope this helps with my earlier description. And I don't think it's apparent in the pictures here but I should add an important detail, it's almost certainly factory painted because you can clearly see the "brick red" primer underneath the black where it has chipped, but aside from the small chips it's exceptionally good condition.. which is probably why I paid very little for it in the first place! Apparently the seller didn't think it was in original condition and was of the opinion that it was refurbished and repainted .. so I only paid $234 on ebay for it! Fortunately I was better educated than he..(which I acredit to having being a member here for several years)😉
    Cheers
    Dean

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    I apologize for not cropping the pictures as I haven't posted photos here for many years.. I will try editing them again, but for the meantime I hope this helps with my earlier description. And I don't think it's apparent in the pictures here but I should add an important detail, it's almost certainly factory painted because you can clearly see the "brick red" primer underneath the black where it has chipped, but aside from the small chips it's exceptionally good condition.. which is probably why I paid very little for it in the first place! Apparently the seller didn't think it was in original condition and was of the opinion that it was refurbished and repainted .. so I only paid $234 on ebay for it! Fortunately I was better educated than he..(which I acredit to having being a member here for several years)������
    Cheers
    Dean
    I should also point out that the liner appears to be an experimental version made with a type of artificial leather, made with pressed paper infused possibly with plastic or something waterproof perhaps.. but it strikes me as being a fairly late war addition to solve the shortage of leather.... possibly? Maybe I'm just looking into it a bit too close ? Well anyway I would like to hear more opinions from some of the other like-minded people here.

?

Better maybe?

M42 with black finish?  
    Attached Images Attached Images M42 with black finish?  M42 with black finish?  M42 with black finish? 

?

Better I hope

M42 with black finish?  

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Better I hope
    I tried to remove the posts with the uncropped pictures but I couldn't.. maybe a moderator could delete them now that I posted better pictures, thanks in advance

MAP
    ?

Quote by Dean View Post
    I tried to remove the posts with the uncropped pictures but I couldn't.. maybe a moderator could delete them now that I posted better pictures, thanks in advance
    No need to delete these Dean. Thanks for posting the updated photos.

Interesting helmet.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2