Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 Bring back with cover

Article about: This one came out of the woodwork, original field made cover with its helmet, helmet is a nice NS42 single decal, with matching age, the cover was off when I got it, so fortunate to see the

?

Default M42 Bring back with cover

This one came out of the woodwork, original field made cover with its helmet, helmet is a nice NS42 single decal, with matching age, the cover was off when I got it, so fortunate to see the inside, to my surprise a brown/green variant zeltbahn has been used

M42 Bring back with coverM42 Bring back with cover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Bring back with cover
    P
    Many

?

a photo of the bare helmet, the decal is on the correct size, just this photo reversed.

M42 Bring back with coverM42 Bring back with coverM42 Bring back with coverM42 Bring back with cover

Can you tell more about how you came to own this helmet ?
    Can you share more detailed photos of the helmet itself

I agree I’d love to see more detailed photos of the helmet and of the cover.

The decal is on the wrong side.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

He said the picture is reversed, but the question is why... in any case, a nice helmez, more pictures would be definitly interesting!

?

I need to grill the original person who had it so bare with me on that, but it just screams loft, basement or shed it's still overall in relatively good shape and obviously has not been played with by kids or such. Liner and chinstrap complete, my photos are never going to do it justice and the cover is a bit ripped around the edge in one spot very thin so I don't want to play with it too much, my phone is broken lol so can only take backwards images, since borrowed the wife's, but didn't want to take the cover off again to take a better pic of just the helmet at the time,

Not saying the brown side was intentional just using what was at hand likely

Can you show the drawstring of the cover in a bit more detail please?
    I'm interested to see what they might have used .......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

some more photos, sorry helmet is an NS 62 not 42 as written in the first post, the string is/was internal in a separate strip around the edge which I just realized is actually a scrap of italian camo, last picture shows the inside, yes some internal rust and the strap does look clean in this photo, but its stiff and dusty in the spots so I am happy its not been changed, shortened a touch on the end so no maker mark if there was one.

M42 Bring back with coverM42 Bring back with coverM42 Bring back with coverM42 Bring back with coverM42 Bring back with coverM42 Bring back with cover

MAP
    ?

The string is dubious IMHO. At best replaced.

Hard to tell anything with these non regulation covers. I would expect more aging to the interior and weird that some of the thread is aged and others looks brand new.

The liner has me scratching my head as well. The heavy rust on the inside dome but near perfect condition of the leather and zinc liner band.

Do you have a lot number?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast