Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 ef66 lot# 0511 kriegsmarine

Article about: Hi Guys I won 2 KMs at auction in Upstate NY a few weeks ago. Everyone was sleeping and I was able to sneak in unopposed. But Bummer Alert - another SE M35 KM (my wannabe trademark helm LOL)

Default M42 ef66 lot# 0511 kriegsmarine

Hi Guys
    I won 2 KMs at auction in Upstate NY a few weeks ago. Everyone was sleeping and I was able to sneak in unopposed. But Bummer Alert - another SE M35 KM (my wannabe trademark helm LOL) came in mail and it was great... nice liner particularly...named 4 times ....BUT it was messed with by a collector from yesteryear upon closer in hand inspection. That went back the way it came. Still a great piece but not one for my shelf.

But.....This one stayed. And I’m glad my friends (DH and MAP Im looking in your direction) talked me into keeping it because I was looking for errors that didn't exist and boxing it up. I'm always so obsessed with not having an "messed with" helmet that I wasn't seeing the forest through the trees. Good lesson learned. These are not mint Apple Computers coming off the assembly line. They are combat helmets from 80 years ago. This is my only M42. I believe it’s a size 66 by placing them next to other helms and looking from above (David C tip I believe). Lot number is 0511? (pic). Paint is nice shape and has a darker shade of gray. Little sparse in the back. Some light random white garage paint splatter it seems .... I mean...err .... ex whitewash camo probably . Steel Liner looks a bit beaten around but original for me. Pins extremely flat (despite myself). Unmarked strap must have been over the brim as it’s almost knifed through and barely hanging on. For the decal the Ridge (if there is one) Its hard to see and ground down over time. Bottom left leg of Swaz is a visible straight outline. Upper left wing has some remnant I believe. These HJ&K Decals are not as gold as my ET style KMs by any means. But no different tones. I believe in the law of “Toned Heer until proven KM”. But comparing examples before bidding and passing around to friends and having in hand. This is a KM for me. These KM decals are no doubt the hardest to decipher. (Old Frank tip to me).

I really like having this bada$$ one around. Its really good looking.

Thanks for looking my brothers! (and sisters if there are any perusing)
    Z

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 ef66 lot# 0511 kriegsmarine   M42 ef66 lot# 0511 kriegsmarine  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ef66 lot# 0511 kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

Nice thin wing KM!

You always put nice and authentic stories and comments ,love them!
    Regards Rolands

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Nice thin wing KM!
    Thanks Jim.... I believe you have a nice one of these if I remember correctly in my read of WRF postings past

This one has a really nice look to it Zach with the darkened paint etc and the kind of “been there” look that I like. Love the darker paint too. Can definitely see the less gold tones to the decal which is a bit of a lesson in itself. Anything discovered under the liner?

Congrats on a very nice addition to the collection

Andy

Thanks Andy. And awesome question / observation as you usually have. I discovered an extremely tiny tiny sailor hiding
    In there! I filled him in that the wars over. And I’m making him Tacos now. He’s telling me all his stories. LOL my jokes are eternally bad I know

I am going to check when I get home. Great question as the KM are known to have sewn in those little nameplates on many occasions. There are the initials EG on the liner that look to be a heavy pencil marking. Maybe post war. Who knows. Standby and thanks for the smart comments as always.

Z

A tip that MAP gave me is to get one of the little round dentist type mirrors with an extension so that you can peek under the liner without having to manipulate it too much. I know MAP found a very nice hand sewn name tag (I think on a Police led?) so worth a quick look.

Andy

Good score that one , the textured paint is nice too.

Nice one Zach, good score.
    "Per Ardua"

Another stellar KM Z - nice addition.
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast