Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Heer helmet with dome stamp

Article about: Unfortunately the first helmet I bought had fake decals. I hope I did better with this one. if the decal looks good I’ll take pictures of the dome stamp. Thanks for any comments!

Nll
    ?

Default M42 Heer helmet with dome stamp

Unfortunately the first helmet I bought had fake decals. I hope I did better with this one.M42 Heer helmet with dome stamp if the decal looks good I’ll take pictures of the dome stamp.M42 Heer helmet with dome stamp Thanks for any comments!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Heer helmet with dome stamp
    P
    Many

For an M42 especially lot number and maker are important. This one does not carry a factory decal but a reissue decal. That is for an M42 strange to start with.
    Never withold pictures the more you can show us the better the feedback.

Nll
    ?

M42 Heer helmet with dome stampM42 Heer helmet with dome stampOkay I understand. The helmet is a ckl68 and the batch looks like a 3686

The decal is an original ES, but when was it applied is the question.
    Seen on earlier helmets is more feasible but an m42 with a batch number that is very borderline for decal application is a red flag in my opinion also I can see some splits in the decal which can indicative of post war application.
    I would not be comfortable with this helmet.
    The chin strap is a reproduction as well.

MAP
    ?

Welcome Nil's. As you are new here I suggest you read the Posting Rules for the Steel helmet section.

Posting and Conduct Rules - Steel Helmet Forum

Specifically this portion

Photos/Information Requirements:
    Picture size: 800x600 minimum.
    Photo quality: Photos need to be clear enough to be evaluated and should be able to be expanded for proper analysis.
    Photo types: We need to see ALL aspects of a helmet. One photo cannot tell the whole story.
    - Front, sides, top and back
    - Clear "straight on" photos of the decals
    - Liner and Chinstrap
    - Closeups of any distinguishing features such as personalizations, camo, chinstrap markings.
    Lot Number and Maker is required if visible.
    Picture hosting sites are prohibited.
    Links are allowed but only if accompanied with photos.

As far as this helmet is concerned, the Batch number falls within the cut of of decal / ND range. As such, I agree with the others, I find it a stretch to have a war time applied re-issue decal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)