Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 hkp 68 police

Article about: This one arrived recently. First M42 police I ever owned. I don't care for them...but being a size 68 & the condition it's in, I had to go for it. Linerband dated 1943. One must use extr

Default M42 hkp 68 police

This one arrived recently. First M42 police I ever owned. I don't care for them...but being a size 68 & the condition it's in, I had to go for it.
    Linerband dated 1943. One must use extreme caution buying one of these...reason being this decal, though original, is seen in unapplied form & could be post war applied to a late war, no decal M42. However, I had this confirmed & authenticated by seven advanced helmet collectors who I respect before I accepted it. Two of which are forum members here. Sometimes...we need reassurance & I did on this one. It's the only decal that "scares me". But...it checked out okay...the application is fine.

It's even listed in Franks' lot# base....thought that was pretty neat
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 hkp 68 police   M42 hkp 68 police  

M42 hkp 68 police   M42 hkp 68 police  

M42 hkp 68 police  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 hkp 68 police
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Well..except for the size it's superb of course David. Fits in perfectly with your collection of stellar helmets

I'm not a big M42 lover only owning a few but this could sit on my shelf any day
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

David, a really nice lid. I like this one a lot.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

As you already know I think this is a fantastic helmet - doesn't hurt to see photos of it again!
    Great condition and lovely decals - even if you are not as fond of M42s, this is one to like.
    Nick

I would echo the approval already stated above. This one is a belter

If you mean you are not keen on the M42 I am the same. They just look "unfinished" to me and the uncrimped material at the rim reminds me of a pie that hasn't been trimmed!

If you mean you are not keen on the Polizei helmets as a whole I think they are just about the most aesthetically pleasing of the lot. Obviously the SS lids are desirable because of the intrinsic value as much as anything else (too rich for my blood!) but notwithstanding that the Polizei field unit lid is a winner for me every time. That said, any lid in this condition is a total keeper

Thanks for showing it here!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks Mark
    Think it is the "bordered" eagle, the poor quality late war paint, they just look cheap. I agree, an M35 DD Police is my favorite due to the quality in production. If this were not a size 68...I would not even consider it.
    Hope you are feeling well
    D.

Fantastic M42 ..... I wouldn’t mind that in my collection

M38
    ?

Nice helmet David, you did good! Congrats. Again.

Cheers,
    Terry

We all have our preferences, and mine personally is for the M35 followed by the M40, but this M42 is a stunner. A one looker that is a superb addition to any collection. Leon.

TWS
    ?

Nice one David! I really like it. I know some have said they don't care much for M42's, but I like all of the combat helmets even if I must admit a preference for the M35.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast