Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 with interesting mystery decal

Article about: I found this for sale on craigslist. Anyone have an idea if the decal is authentic, or just some fantasy piece?

Default Re: M42 with interesting mystery decal

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I asked the seller for better pictures... let's see if he follows through. craigslist can be a jungle...
    Can he offer any clues as to it's history?

Cheers, Phill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 with interesting mystery decal
    P
    Many

Hello all,

Obviously I know that you guys cannot tell wheather or not the decal is real based on the small, low quality pictures... I'm just looking to see if anyone can recognize the basic design on the decal or if it is a fantasy piece.

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    Can he offer any clues as to it's history?

Cheers, Phill
    His listing says something along the lines of: "My grandpa shot an enemy soldier during WW2 and brought his helmet home. I hate to part with this helmet, but I'm in a tight spot financially blah blah blah... "

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Hello all,

Obviously I know that you guys cannot tell wheather or not the decal is real based on the small, low quality pictures... I'm just looking to see if anyone can recognize the basic design on the decal or if it is a fantasy piece.

His listing says something along the lines of: "My grandpa shot an enemy soldier during WW2 and brought his helmet home. I hate to part with this helmet, but I'm in a tight spot financially blah blah blah... "
    Yeah right! like he's never been in a tight spot before?.....but i'd still like to see some close-ups, it's still could be everything Grandad saidit was(as he handed over a packet of Camel filtertips)..... any way I'd Love to know what it is! keep us posted GIZ

Cheers Phill

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    Yeah right! like he's never been in a tight spot before?.....but i'd still like to see some close-ups, it's still could be everything Grandad saidit was(as he handed over a packet of Camel filtertips)..... any way I'd Love to know what it is! keep us posted GIZ

Cheers Phill
    I will def. be sure to keep all you guys informed! I sent the seller an e-mail through craigslist... so we'll see if this comes to anything.

I was thinking this helmet... on the slim chance it is authentic... could have belonged to perhaps a French volunteer unit fighting for the Germans?

I know the crappy pictures aren't very useful... but do they raise any red flags? How does the interior of the helmet look?

I like the way the liner and paint and everything looks from here, but without the right photos no one can be certain. I see no red flags other than the fact that I am not too keen on helmets with hand-painted stuff.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I like the way the liner and paint and everything looks from here, but without the right photos no one can be certain. I see no red flags other than the fact that I am not too keen on helmets with hand-painted stuff.
    I'm still waiting on the seller to respond. I'll keep you all informed!

?

Will be interesting but something like this almost needs a hands on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2