Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this M42 legit?

Article about: Hi there friends! I just bought a camo M42 of which I believe it is legit. Can you guys please give your thoughts on this one? Thanks in advance!

Default Is this M42 legit?

Hi there friends!

I just bought a camo M42 of which I believe it is legit. Can you guys please give your thoughts on this one?

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this M42 legit?   Is this M42 legit?  

Is this M42 legit?   Is this M42 legit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this M42 legit?
    P
    Many

I don’t see much of a camo, its a semi relic with what looks like some original grey and some different colours of rust, it also looks to be heavily cleaned with a wire wheel. The liner band looks like it may be original to the helmet but the leather may have been replaced.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Stevie for separating the helmets out into two threads. Much more simple to keep the discussion focused.

Hard to say from these photos if the camo is real or added. But the helmet either way has been heavily scrubbed and the liner probably added. Can't say if I can or can not see paint in the pitted areas.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I made some more pictures of the paint!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this M42 legit?   Is this M42 legit?  

The split pin Is this M42 legit?

Thanks for your help bytheway!

I see some reddish or brown colour along with a green but it looks like to me that the reddish colour is painted over the green so maybe multiple paint jobs? I find it hard to tell. If this is original paint to bad someone wire wheeled it.

MAP
    ?

I've been looking at the additional photos. I can't see any specific "paint over pitting" but the clarity of the photos, but with the wire brushing and my less than perfect eyes I'm not really sure. I'm leaning towards it being good but I'm sure others may disagree. You will find split decisions with camo's are they are often hard to judge by photos alone. I would like to see this in hand.

I think the liner might be original as well.

Too bad someone scrubbed it though.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I've been looking at the additional photos. I can't see any specific "paint over pitting" but the clarity of the photos, but with the wire brushing and my less than perfect eyes I'm not really sure. I'm leaning towards it being good but I'm sure others may disagree. You will find split decisions with camo's are they are often hard to judge by photos alone. I would like to see this in hand.

I think the liner might be original as well.

Too bad someone scrubbed it though.
    This is the way i feel also - although it is a shame it has been scrubbed back, i believe the paint is original.
    It was probably in a somewhat salty condition and needed to be cleaned up.

nick