Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this M42 legit?

Article about: Dear friends, I just bought a chip paint m42 helmet. Can you please tell me your thoughts on authenticity.\\ thanks in advance!

Default Is this M42 legit?

Dear friends,

I just bought a chip paint m42 helmet. Can you please tell me your thoughts on authenticity.\

thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this M42 legit?   Is this M42 legit?  

Is this M42 legit?   Is this M42 legit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this M42 legit?
    P
    Many

I’m not a expert on camo’s but from other examples I’ve seen the sawdust is much finer something like a handsaw would make, these chips seem bigger something that a chainsaw would make. Wait for some other opinions on it. But the liner looks like an original one.

They could have used anything to mix in the paint right? Just a handfull of dirt out of a forest could be of a lot of different pieces.....

The camo job was also done with the liner pins out, I believe it would be unlikely they would have taken them out to put a camo paint job on their helmet. Red flags for me.

MAP
    ?

Looks quite "fresh" to me.

I see it is an NS. Can you provide the lot number? I see not decal under the paint.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think it says 863....

MAP
    ?

It should be a 4 digit lot number or have a "D" in front. I might be able to see from a photo.

That said, in zooming close on the photos, the camo application looks recent to me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

When judging camo’s it is important to judge the inside factory paint. Avoid using the flash at all times but find a room with good light. From these photos it looks like it could be light blue NS paint , they usually have visible dome stamps as well. So more photos needed.
    Not convinced of the woodchip camo so far.
    Last edited by Schwerpunkt; 11-16-2021 at 10:34 AM.

IMO the camo is a modern creation - looks like it could have been done yesterday. Just look at the rim.
    Definitely not one for me.
    Nick

Is this M42 legit?

Lot number is D246

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast