Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 liner mould treatment update.

Article about: I would like update you all and say thanks for the advice regarding safely removing the white mould from my recently purchased M42. In the end I took the softly softly approach and as advise

Default M42 liner mould treatment update.

I would like update you all and say thanks for the advice regarding safely removing the white mould from my recently purchased M42.

In the end I took the softly softly approach and as advised by Frank used some warm water on the leather. It took over two hours to do but I’m very happy with the result to say the least. I’ll now keep an eye on it over the next few weeks to see if there is any reoccurrence of the mould.

See below for a before shot and some after shots.

Andrew

M42 liner mould treatment update.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 liner mould treatment update.   M42 liner mould treatment update.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 liner mould treatment update.
    P
    Many

?

Congratulations.
    What a nice result!

Looks good. Glad it helped.
    I know a dealer whom bought a new house some years ago and he put his collection in the immense basement of the house. He got mold on every piece of leather.
    The humidity in the basement was too much , he installed several dehumidifiers and the mold just disappeared.

Thanks Frank.

I keep my collection in the room with the most stable temperature and lowest humidity. I do plan to purchase a dehumidifier and also equipment for monitoring the humidity in the room shortly.

Nice job

?

I ran a dehumidifier in Wellington,NZ.
    No mould ever.
    The first time you empty out the water container you will close your windows forever in a coastal climate.

?

Glad to see it came off Andrew, it looks really good.

Excellent results, very pleased it worked out Andy.
    Now that mould should not return providing the leather is dry and is kept that way.

I keep all my helmets in the main room of my flat. The conditions are very good.

Nick

Well done, Andy, looks so much nicer now!
    All the few helmets and leather pieces that I have I keep in my room where the temperature and humidity is always quite good since it is a 400 year old timbered house and the clay in the walls always keeps it very pleasant inside, most times in winter I don't even use the heater haha
    Luis

Agree...Came out very nice. (I still like them moldy)
    D.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast