Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Luftwaffe up for review

Article about: Guys a seller has offered a decent looking m42. Inam awaiting more pictures. Any thoughts on the paint or decal?

Default M42 Luftwaffe up for review

Guys a seller has offered a decent looking m42. Inam awaiting more pictures.
    Any thoughts on the paint or decal?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Luftwaffe up for review   M42 Luftwaffe up for review  

M42 Luftwaffe up for review   M42 Luftwaffe up for review  

Attached Images Attached Images M42 Luftwaffe up for review  M42 Luftwaffe up for review  M42 Luftwaffe up for review 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Luftwaffe up for review
    P
    Many

I think the paint looks period at least from these pics but the decal looks odd. Good close up hi res images of the decal side on and also one of the maker stamp will help with a more conclusive evaluation. Some of the important details appear to be blurred or damaged and the decal itself appears to hover on the shell and not be properly applied. Could just be the photos.

Andy

Andy thank you oh, I thought the same thing about the decal but was not sure. Cannot get seller to send any more images for now and there is no dome stamp I'm going to pass on this one

the decal seems to have issues. Best pass.

Yeah, my first reaction to the decal was "looks like a sticker".
    Also a bit odd that there's textured paint on the inside, too, otherwise the paint looks good, though at the picture with the side stamping some paint has chipped off and on that area it looks like the Norwegian reissue green, so maybe a repainted Norway reissue?
    Given that the Norwegians sometimes replaced the leather pieces on M31 liners but left the rest, the liner band could also speak for that, as it's still complete apart from the leather.
    Could also just be the light though.
    Luis

Default Helmet

I will pass on it. Also found this one local and may snag it. Not sure what the insignia is but doesn't look like anything official
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Luftwaffe up for review   M42 Luftwaffe up for review  

M42 Luftwaffe up for review  

?

The Luft decal looks like a paper cut out and is graphically wrong at any rate. The wing tip has paint over a bad decal, so what does that say about the paint?

Follow the clues.
    Last edited by relicz; 03-28-2020 at 01:19 PM.

I don't like the decal either,here is mine for comparison,decal should be sucked into the finish.JMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Luftwaffe up for review  

Guys thanks for the help. I was abit exited when it was offered and now i see the faults of this helmet