MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

M42 ND EF- Plain Jane

Article about: Brought back by a medic from the 85th Division, who served in Italy in ‘44-‘45. His son was kind enough to include photos of the vet with the purchase.

Default M42 ND EF- Plain Jane

Brought back by a medic from the 85th Division, who served in Italy in ‘44-‘45. His son was kind enough to include photos of the vet with the purchase.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 ND EF- Plain Jane   M42 ND EF- Plain Jane  

M42 ND EF- Plain Jane   M42 ND EF- Plain Jane  

M42 ND EF- Plain Jane   M42 ND EF- Plain Jane  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ND EF- Plain Jane
    P
    Many

Nice honest late war helmet. I like how tight the liner band is to the shell. No post war tampering or abuse.

MAP
    ?

Wonderful pickup.

Now....do they still have his medic M1?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice to see an M42 that hasn't been defaced by a reproduction SS decal.
    I like the worn but not abused condition, it has aged well.
    Nick

Hello,
    Congrats for this very representative Stahlhelm in its original form, the one of 1916, without those useless decals. They were useful for parades only, increasing the morale of both soldiers and civilians, federating a people around its army, now they're are useful for helmet collectors (poor guys what would the helmet collection be without decals ?...ahahah).
    Thanks for sharing with us
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Congrats for this very representative Stahlhelm in its original form, the one of 1916, without those useless decals. They were useful for parades only, increasing the morale of both soldiers and civilians, federating a people around its army, now they're are useful for helmet collectors (poor guys what would the helmet collection be without decals ?...ahahah).
    Thanks for sharing with us
    Thanks
    Good question JP. Collecting helmets with no decals.....not for me !! Well maybe two or three

A very nice M42, but what makes it special is it provenance, personally I would pay a higher price for a HEER lid with a history and no decal than for one sporting a decal. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    A very nice M42, but what makes it special is it provenance, personally I would pay a higher price for a HEER lid with a history and no decal than for one sporting a decal. Leon.
    Helmets that have vet provenance & have not been passed around by collectors do have a certain look to them. It's so rare to find one that has not been handled much in the last 75 years or so. Knowing the strap is original to the helmet is a bonus too. Even the original knot in the tie string is very desirable. Unfortunately, they don't show up often enough

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Helmets that have vet provenance & have not been passed around by collectors do have a certain look to them. It's so rare to find one that has not been handled much in the last 75 years or so. Knowing the strap is original to the helmet is a bonus too. Even the original knot in the tie string is very desirable. Unfortunately, they don't show up often enough
    They also don't often have that clean shiny sheen to them from over handling as well
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)