Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 No decal 1943

Article about: Bought this one off the table of a fair I monthly visit in 2015. No decal helmets are never high on my wishlist just like gladiator helmets but if I can buy just one that has a bit more extr

Default M42 No decal 1943

Bought this one off the table of a fair I monthly visit in 2015.
    No decal helmets are never high on my wishlist just like gladiator helmets but if I can buy just one that has a bit more extra's than I will not hesitate , especially not at a fair where a helmet can draw you in so that you want to keep it in your hands whilst paying.

It's a CKL 4462 with an absent (probably badly punched) CKL stamp. The dome stamp is typical ET/ckl.
    1943 dated liner.

The special things are the impact hit in the back but also the chinstrap which is a rollerbuckle one (there's a theory these were made from French Adrian chinstraps as the leather is similar).
    And additionally the chinstrap is repaired on one side which is also neat to see.
    Then to end the list of specialties there's a name ink stamped on the leather and even on the chinstrap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 No decal 1943   M42 No decal 1943  

M42 No decal 1943   M42 No decal 1943  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 No decal 1943
    P
    Many

Wonderful helmet, i think the plainness of the ND Helmets has their own charme.
    You have so many great helmets... did you ever post a picture of your whole collection? Wherever you store them must be the dream of every helmet collector.

Very nice ND, I a ND M42 is also one I'm always on the lookout for because of their simple but nice looks.
    The chinstrap is certainly very unusual to see on a late war helmet.
    Also the owner seemed to have liked to stamp his name in the leather.
    When that bullet impact happened if war time or shortly after the war is impossible to tell.
    Let's just hope noone was wearing it when it was hit
    Luis

Great example Schwerpunkt
    ND Helmets had their own charme as said by adravor
    LG
    Niko

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    Great example Schwerpunkt
    ND Helmets had their own charme as said by adravor
    LG
    Niko
    Yes they do of course. But the variety is limited unless you add one of each maker.

Very nice helmet with nice all round patina. The roller buckle is a nice little touch.
    nick

ckl 68, 4555 Tewkesbury antique shop 1971, £14, managed to get a quid off with buying a bayonet as well, happy daze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 No decal 1943   M42 No decal 1943  

I'm a fan of the "Extras" even at my Early stage ... I love my standard issue Heer SD M40 .... but something about the "extras" indeed inspires research which begats more knowledge etc. I imagine after collecting for 2 Decades like you it doesnt hurt to spice things up. BUT I can tell you appreciate and solidly respect the Run of the Mill ones to. As we all should .... these helmets (the preserved naturally ones) are the pinnacle of artifacts of WW2 that we own and hold in our hand.. Just my humble opinion ( and American M1s but Im a Helmet Only kinda guy).
    - Z