Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 with no maker stamp, only lot number plus size stamp on metal band

Article about: I have an M42 With only a lot number stamp in the rear. I think there might be a faint stamp but I can’t see it other than one line. The leather is missing and the metal band has a 59 stam

?

Default M42 with no maker stamp, only lot number plus size stamp on metal band

I have an M42 With only a lot number stamp in the rear. I think there might be a faint stamp but I can’t see it other than one line. The leather is missing and the metal band has a 59 stamped where the forehead would be. Thoughts?M42 with no maker stamp, only lot number plus size stamp on metal bandM42 with no maker stamp, only lot number plus size stamp on metal bandM42 with no maker stamp, only lot number plus size stamp on metal bandM42 with no maker stamp, only lot number plus size stamp on metal bandM42 with no maker stamp, only lot number plus size stamp on metal bandM42 with no maker stamp, only lot number plus size stamp on metal bandM42 with no maker stamp, only lot number plus size stamp on metal band

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 with no maker stamp, only lot number plus size stamp on metal band
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Original shell from what I can see.

Most probably just a faintly stamped maker mark.

Not sure if the chin strap though
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Chin strap is a reproduction for sure. Strange on the metal band having a size stamped on it. Cannot see a maker mark in the typical spot. Late LATE WAR? thank you!!!

Probably a ckl , no decal helmet.
    if the rivets are untouched I would leave the band in the helmet otherwise you will mess it up.

?

Liner looks untouched. Split pins are good but the washers are a little rusty.

Has anyone seen a size stamped on a liner frame? I have never seen that before. Assuming this is a 66 if the liner is a 59

Has anyone seen it stamped like that? Paint looks very late war to me.

Thank you both. I don’t see many helmets. Maybe 20 in my life…

Quote by Stropp View Post

Has anyone seen a size stamped on a liner frame? I have never seen that before. Assuming this is a 66 if the liner is a 59

Has anyone seen it stamped like that?b Paint looks very late war to me.

The lot nr points this one to being late 1943 early 1944.
    The maker and year stamp often is only visible between the shell and the liner band , often it is not stamped deep enough to show through on the other side.

M31 helmet liners – German Helmet Vault

M38
    ?

Quote by Stropp View Post

Has anyone seen it stamped like that? Paint looks very late war to me.

This stamp on the inner liner band is not uncommon at all. Some makers did it, some didn't. It is more common on early aluminum liners to show the liner size on the inner band but you see it on steel bands too.

Cheers,
    Terry

Nice CKL66 M42.
    I can see the K of CKL in the photo above the lot number.
    As said it's a late war ND helmet.
    As for markings on the inner ring, they should (as far as I know) ALWAYS have it, sometimes they are hard to see if they are faintly stamped but for most makers the marking is where your forehead should be.
    Apart from B&C, they also always marked the shell size (so 64/57 for instance) on the inner rings and always in the 3 or 9 o' clock position.
    Early single band alu liners usually have some numbers and an S stamped for size markings, but this is a mid-late war one so you should expect only the head size to be stamped on it.
    All original inner rings/liners I've handled always had the mark but on some it was really hard to see.
    Luis

M38
    ?

Luis, definitely not all inner rings were marked. I have been studying these for years and I have a small collection of liner band inner and outer rings, maybe a hundred or so. Probably half at most of the inner bands have the size marking but you do see it much more often on the aluminum inner bands.

Cheers,
    Terry

Quote by M38 View Post
    Luis, definitely not all inner rings were marked. I have been studying these for years and I have a small collection of liner band inner and outer rings, maybe a hundred or so. Probably half at most of the inner bands have the size marking but you do see it much more often on the aluminum inner bands.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Interesting, good to know, maybe I just got the luck of the drawer then of the 20 or so I've had in hand to look at in detail.
    Luis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast