Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 - ns 64

Article about: Hello guys, today i bought this helmet, after end of war painted on black by Czechoslovakia firefighters. Can you help me say something more about helmet producer and number ? Thanks a lot M

Default M42 - ns 64

Hello guys, today i bought this helmet, after end of war painted on black by Czechoslovakia firefighters.
    Can you help me say something more about helmet producer and number ? Thanks a lot
    M42 NS 64 - 4608
    M42 - ns 64
    M42 - ns 64
    M42 - ns 64
    M42 - ns 64
    M42 - ns 64
    M42 - ns 64

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 - ns 64
    P
    Many

Well, the helmet was made by the Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke AG, Schwerte (NS)
    Would have originally been a SD helmet before the original paint was stripped and it was repainted in black.
    Your helmet also retains its original liner band which has been used as the basis for this post war Czech liner system.
    This one is still in really quite nice condition, quite often have I seen them in a pretty bad state.
    Luis

Thanks a lot Luis! I Will try to check liner if is marked
    Btw. SD is single decal ?
    Thanks

SD means single decal - kind of helmet jargon. A nice helmet. Because of its place in history, I would not even consider a "restoration" of this example. These helmets have had such a long history of use during the Third Reich, for foreign countries, post war in civil use and fire department and even as biker helmets in the US! Their incarnations are all collectible to some degree. Neil

I found helmet with number 4609
    M42 4609
    NS 64
    SD LW
    steel liner
    98% decal - side marked - dome stamp

I have number 4608 what you think guys can be this helmet LW too ?

MAP
    ?

Lot numbers do not guarantee a certain branch of the armed forces. There are often times different branches with the same lot number.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Another very nice helmet George!

To map: ah, ok i didnt knew it, thanks

To katari: Thanks mate! It was luck to buy this helmet for realy nice Price

You should start collecting these post war fire helmets , you have 2 now.

yes, I plan it it's hard to find this helmets in such condition and for a decent price, I also bought this one for 38 €

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast