Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 NS64 Sauerland helmet

Article about: Hello everyone! I've been in communication with someone that has this extremely rare and very faked Sauerland helmet and I cant make a call on it so I was hoping to get some help from you gu

Default M42 NS64 Sauerland helmet

Hello everyone! I've been in communication with someone that has this extremely rare and very faked Sauerland helmet and I cant make a call on it so I was hoping to get some help from you guys. Thanks!M42 NS64 Sauerland helmetM42 NS64 Sauerland helmetM42 NS64 Sauerland helmetM42 NS64 Sauerland helmetM42 NS64 Sauerland helmetM42 NS64 Sauerland helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 NS64 Sauerland helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

IMO it is a fake decal. Some attributes are very close but others are off.

Compare to a known original

M42 NS64 Sauerland helmet
    (Credit CodyG)
    Last edited by MAP; 04-25-2023 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yep, I think Mike is right. It is very close but... The acorns, especially the left one, are different. The right side of the middle leaf is touching the swastika. No double border on the left side of the decal. It is an NS shell, as are most if not all Sauerland helmets, but there are too many subtle graphic differences for me to be comfortable with this one. Just my two cents, which as I have said a million times my good wife tells me aren't worth a penny. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Yep, I think Mike is right. It is very close but... The acorns, especially the left one, are different. The right side of the middle leaf is touching the swastika. No double border on the left side of the decal.
    Yes....It took a bit to study it. At first glance it looked good but breaking it down attribute by attribute all the anomalies started to add up. I noticed the same issues you noted. The acorn being the most concerning. Also some of the grey shadow around the oak leaf is off as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the replies! I also noticed the left acorn was a bit of of the example you showed but maybe there could be variations? This post also had this decal type but was never solved M42 Sauerland Helmet