Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Reverse Decal SS

Article about: Just acquired this one, a reverse decal M42 SS helmet. It is an EF shell, probably a size 66 but that stamp is so lightly struck that I can't read it, with a lot number of 275, stamped in th

Default M42 Reverse Decal SS

Just acquired this one, a reverse decal M42 SS helmet. It is an EF shell, probably a size 66 but that stamp is so lightly struck that I can't read it, with a lot number of 275, stamped in the font characteristic of the EF factory. The liner is a rat, and there is no chinstrap, although you can see discoloration over the front brim where the chinstrap laid for many years and clearly interacted with the paint. The Party shield is an EF decal, and the runic shield is the expected Pocher. You can see the printing process on the borders of the runes. (I have added some pictures of a well worn medium weight M34 bulged vent SS SD helmet on which the runic decal is worn away to some extent and demonstrates clearly the border of the Pocher Runic decal caused by the printing process during manufacture.) This one is, in my opinion, somewhat unique as the helmet was originally a single decal Heer, as traces of the Heer Adler can be seen through the chips in the Runic shield. Most of these M42 reverse decal helmets were originally double decal Combat Police helmets with the Runic shield placed over the Police Adler. Anyway, here it is. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Reverse Decal SS   M42 Reverse Decal SS  

M42 Reverse Decal SS   M42 Reverse Decal SS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Reverse Decal SS
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Wow Jim.....what a great post to wake up to (yes...I slept in)

Great pick up, even without the liner!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree... Nice example & perfect Pocher rune. Looks like the rune was placed over a police adler..I see a border on the left side or is that a vertical part of the wing ? Hard to tell. But not important really
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Reverse Decal SS  

Hi Dave, I think you are right, on closer inspection it is a border that is apparent under the chip on the left of the runic shield. Jim G.

Well spotted David , really like it Jim.

A great upgrade to your other reverse decal SS.
    Definitely a good week for you.
    Nick