Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 sd army

Article about: Nice good honest M-42 as stated above nothing wrong with this one. timothy

?

Default M42 sd army

Opinions on the following would be appreciated. Is the liner original to the helmet?.......dated 1940.

M42 sd armyM42 sd armyM42 sd armyM42 sd army
    Attached Images Attached Images M42 sd army 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 sd army
    P
    Many

Hi, it is quite possible to get liners dated earlier than the helmet type itself, as long as the liner pins have not been messed with, I would not worry about it. A very nice period re-decaled M 42 helmet for me! Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, it is quite possible to get liners dated earlier than the helmet type itself, as long as the liner pins have not been messed with, I would not worry about it. A very nice period re-decaled M 42 helmet for me! Leon.
    What does re-decaled meen? So there are two decals?

In my opinion this one is a nice original M42. It doesn't seem messed with, but much bigger photos and really an in-hand examination would be needed to know for sure.

Quote by visor View Post
    What does re-decaled meen? So there are two decals?
    Hi, yes, if you look closely you can see the head of another adler poking out from behind the top decal. It is a period applied decal so there are no worries here! Leon.

?

Looking closely it does seem to have two decals, can see it under the left wing. It looks period done, common practice? Thank you Leon for the keen eye.

Quote by visor View Post
    Looking closely it does seem to have two decals, can see it under the left wing. It looks period done, common practice? Thank you Leon for the keen eye.
    It is seen from time to time, again, there are no concerns to be had with this helmet, it's a nice one. Leon.

Looks honest enough to me!...

?

It is also named and researched. Guy died April 14 1945, buried in the Netherlands. So with all your help, I think this will look nice in my cabinet.

M38
    ?

Looks like a nice honest helmet to me. Can you see the maker mark on the liner band, above the 1940 date? If it is DRP Schuberthwerk then there is no problem with the 1940 date. That liner manufacturer did not change the date on their liners from 1940 until 1943 so you will never find one of their liners with a 1941 or 1942 date. It is not unusual to see an M42 with a 1940 dated DRP liner.

Cheers,
    Terry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast