Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 SD with Decal Removed.

Article about: Hello friends, Picked this one up recently - a nice salty M42 SD that has had the decal removed either during or after WW2. This lid comes from the Hague area in the Netherlands where it was

Default M42 SD with Decal Removed.

Hello friends,

Picked this one up recently - a nice salty M42 SD that has had the decal removed either during or after WW2. This lid comes from the Hague area in the Netherlands where it was discovered while knocking down a building (according to the dealer). The chinstrap maker is hard to read and I haven't gone digging too far for maker names or size stamps on the liner band as it is quite tight to the shell. The lot number is lightly stamped while the shell is a size 64. It comes with nice pair of grey painted steel chinstrap buckles. This one arrived with mould on the liner that I have removed leaving the dust and detritus in situ.

Also pictured are a few of the other M42's in my collection for comparison with the Luft lid being a size 66.

Andrew

M42 SD with Decal Removed.M42 SD with Decal Removed.Attachment 1339084M42 SD with Decal Removed.Attachment 1339087Attachment 1339088M42 SD with Decal Removed.M42 SD with Decal Removed.M42 SD with Decal Removed.M42 SD with Decal Removed.M42 SD with Decal Removed.M42 SD with Decal Removed.M42 SD with Decal Removed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SD with Decal Removed.
    P
    Many

This one is in really nice condition Andy
    I like those grey painted buckles on the straps - i have a couple like this.
    Can you get a photo of the strap stamp at some point? It may be possible to decipher.

The trio together look really good as well in the (evening?) light.

Nick

Thanks Nick. Yes, this was late this evening when the light was a bit softer.

Here are some photos. Very hard to make but my only guess would be a G.Schiele??

M42 SD with Decal Removed.M42 SD with Decal Removed.M42 SD with Decal Removed.

For G. Schiele - you often seem to find Loburg below.

I believe this stamp is Otto Breitschuhe, Eisleben.

Thanks Nick!

A very nice helmet Andy.

I know you love these M42's !! Lately one of my "go to helmets" is my 42' police. Strap appears to be dated 1942 also under the maker on the bottom edge. Hard to read but it appears to be.
    Nice example (though I prefer mold)
    D.

. Thanks David!

There is just something so basic and desperate about these late war helmets that I just love them.

A

Very nice M42, great that you know which area of Europe it saw service in too! Leon.

TWS
    ?

Nice pick up Andy! Who is the manufacturer of the shell? I may have missed it but I just saw "64" without the mfg.

Nothing wrong with an honest decal-removed helmet. I have a Heer M40 like that and a Heer M35 with scraped-off national shield (but Heer decal intact).
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast