Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 sd et64

Article about: Since I see several others sharing their early Xmas presents to themselves, I figured I’d contribute mine haha Here’s my new m42 by ET. Unfortunately the stampings are not well done; batch n

Default M42 sd et64

Since I see several others sharing their early Xmas presents to themselves, I figured I’d contribute mine haha

Here’s my new m42 by ET. Unfortunately the stampings are not well done; batch number could be 2156 or 2456. This helmet isn’t in the greatest shape but I like it, it has personality in the least I also have a replacement drawstring on the way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 sd et64   M42 sd et64  

M42 sd et64   M42 sd et64  

M42 sd et64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 sd et64
    P
    Many

A nice solid looking example of a combat used M42 with lots of character. How does the rear rivet look and the pins inside?

Will look even better with the liner string! Well done.

Andy

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    A nice solid looking example of a combat used M42 with lots of character. How does the rear rivet look and the pins inside?

Will look even better with the liner string! Well done.

Andy
    Thank you Andy! The pins are very tight and appear untouched. The band is actually so tight I can’t move it enough to read date. I may also seek out a chinstrap at some point to finish it off. Very happy to have it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 sd et64  

?

Nice helmet,with lots of character!Its also the little brother of mine lol!
    This post just confirms my suspicions that Santa is giving away M42s this year!

Looks good from here Matt! Looks like that pin has been in there a very long time. And yes, not worth risking damaging the helmet to look for dates. An original chinstrap in similar condition will finish it off nicely. I’ve got a few helmets without chinstraps but as a good friend and experienced collector once said to me “as long as the strap is an original it doesn’t matter”. I think chinstraps would have been replaced from time to time so an original replacement will do just fine and really completes the look when the helmet is sitting on a stand.

Andy

Quote by Ripper View Post
    Nice helmet,with lots of character!Its also the little brother of mine lol!
    This post just confirms my suspicions that Santa is giving away M42s this year!
    Ha! You’re so right! Our batch numbers are pretty close this is my first decaled M42 and I am proud to have it on my shelf. Trade you liners? Hahah jk :P

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Looks good from here Matt! Looks like that pin has been in there a very long time. And yes, not worth risking damaging the helmet to look for dates. An original chinstrap in similar condition will finish it off nicely. I’ve got a few helmets without chinstraps but as a good friend and experienced collector once said to me “as long as the strap is an original it doesn’t matter”. I think chinstraps would have been replaced from time to time so an original replacement will do just fine and really completes the look when the helmet is sitting on a stand.

Andy
    I have to agree with you! Trying to bring it back to its former glory, and a strap will certainly complete it. I got this lid at a very good price so I don’t mind putting a couple extra dollars into it. It deserves it!

The only thing that I would suggest with the chin strap is to get one that that's in a condition similar to the liner just to make it look that little bit more original.

Andy

A very nice "battle worn" look to that one! Just on an aside, could your helmet be an EF made lid? Their stamps were notoriously weak and the vast majority of ET made M42's were stamped CKL. Just a thought. Leon.

CGR
    ?

Nice helmet! Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast