Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M42 SD Helmet

Article about: Hello all, I’m very happy to finally say I’ve purchased my first German Helmet. I saw this on posted by the seller and it was given to green light so I gave it a look. It fell right into

Default M42 SD Helmet

Hello all, I’m very happy to finally say I’ve purchased my first German Helmet. I saw this on posted by the seller and it was given to green light so I gave it a look. It fell right into my budget I set aside for a helmet. As stated in the previous thread the exterior is in great condition and even better in person. The interior is rough but as my very first helmet I’m not too worried about it. It’s a hkp 64 with a lot No. 2512. It took a few days to get good natural light but these are the best I’m able to do photo wise.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

M42 SD HelmetM42 SD HelmetM42 SD HelmetM42 SD HelmetM42 SD HelmetM42 SD HelmetM42 SD HelmetM42 SD Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SD Helmet
    P
    Many

Rough interior or not, it's a fantastic looking lid. Not one you'll be able to upgrade in a hurry!

B.B.

Congratulations Bodhi! That’s an outstanding helmet and and decal. Looks like the original owner may have worn a lot of hair product or the leather on the liner has darkened from use. An original drawstring and chinstrap would finish it off nicely. A very nice example.
    Andy

The liner might be a little rough but the exterior is almost mint.

Thank you very much guys! The liner was treated because it shrunk and cracked, but as you say I looked past it for the exterior. Only two more major helmets to go an M35 and M40!

Edit, I was thinking about getting a chinstrap for it but I think I’ll just leave it as found.

Cheers,
    Bodhi