Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M42 "TeNo" helmet for opinions/help

Article about: Hey As my other headgear items are all visor caps or Tschakos, I have little to no knowledge of tin hats. I like the look of this M42, which apparently was issued to Occupied Dutch TeNo memb

Default M42 "TeNo" helmet for opinions/help

Hey

As my other headgear items are all visor caps or Tschakos, I have little to no knowledge of tin hats.

I like the look of this M42, which apparently was issued to Occupied Dutch TeNo members. But, other than identifying the TeNo decal I'm clueless as to whether or not the lid is a good one.

Thank you

Jamie

M42 "TeNo" helmet for opinions/help M42 "TeNo" helmet for opinions/help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 "TeNo" helmet for opinions/help
    P
    Many

A no from me. The liner looks aged from me, and neither do i like paint or decal, the shell may be the only thing original.

It is a fake and a fantasy decal and like the Wolfsangel SS rune there is no study surrounding the original ones , if indeed they existed.
    I only know Ron Richters’s example as probably authentic but thorough investigation also needed on that one.
    For me a real TENO helmet is an Edelstahl medium weight without decals as seen on photos or with Heer decals.
    You can see a TENO on this page
    Heer Helmets – German Helmet Vault

I would recommend if you are new to steel helmets start with textbook examples (Heer, Luft Etc). Then if the hobby takes for you and you become well versed in those ...then move onto the Non textbook lids. Just a bit of friendly advice to get you started so you don’t get disheartened. A little unsure why many are obsessed with these Alt Units and branches and many probably know very little about them (Sauerland, Teno, Dutch Resistance Etc... not referring strictly to you Jamie at all) other then their rarity I don’t really see the draw unless you are some scholar in these fields (or a helmet expert that has collected for 20 years) and study these particular branches or very specific areas of history.
    Z