Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 Wehrmacht Helmet with M31 Bread Bag Strap

Article about: Hello, I noticed this Helmet on emedals recently. Found it interesting, however not sure what to think about the Bread Bag Strap. Just looking for a second opinion, the pictures don't do alo

Default M42 Wehrmacht Helmet with M31 Bread Bag Strap

Hello, I noticed this Helmet on emedals recently. Found it interesting, however not sure what to think about the Bread Bag Strap. Just looking for a second opinion, the pictures don't do alot of favors as far as getting a close up of the bread bag. Not sure what to think. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Wehrmacht Helmet with M31 Bread Bag Strap   M42 Wehrmacht Helmet with M31 Bread Bag Strap  

M42 Wehrmacht Helmet with M31 Bread Bag Strap   M42 Wehrmacht Helmet with M31 Bread Bag Strap  

M42 Wehrmacht Helmet with M31 Bread Bag Strap   M42 Wehrmacht Helmet with M31 Bread Bag Strap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Wehrmacht Helmet with M31 Bread Bag Strap
    P
    Many

Hi, the bread bag strap may or may not have been placed on the helmet during the war. In hand you may be able to tell a little better, but do not pay a big premium for it as it may always be subjective one way or the other. That said it is a decent helmet although I would mention that the R LARSEN chinstraps are heavily faked and this may be one of them but I cannot see for sure. Leon.

The strap is fake , the breadstrap is added. E-medals , nuff said ;-)

I never have bought from emedals before. Do they have some questionable items up for sale from time to time

Quote by lazer4856 View Post
    I never have bought from emedals before. Do they have some questionable items up for sale from time to time
    Personally I have never bought from them, but I have seen many fake TR awards on their site over the years. That said, a friend of mine who collects WW1 British medals bought a nice Military Cross group from them a couple of years back, but I would be very careful and take a second and third look at any item I may be interested in from them! Leon.

I've bought from them once and all was fine. I have read over the years of people identifying fakes (helmets and medals) on their site, advising them of it and the items don't get taken down so make of that what you will.

Before buying my Spanish Cross with swords privately I was perusing their stock of the same award and it struck me that for such a relatively scarce award, Emedals sure seemed to have a good number available for sale...not proof of trickery by any means but it had me thinking...

E medals is one of the largest retailers and does have a plethora of bad items as well as a lot of good items, at the end of the day just know what you are looking for and do your research.

?

Morris has hit the nail on the head. I have emailed E-medals a couple of times to point out decidedly dodgy items & they have been promptly pulled. However this was some years ago & it is not always the case now. You can easily find embarrassing, near entry level fakes on the site without too much trouble these days. Whoever vets this stuff & lets it slip through the net needs a severe bollocking. Know your product!

Regards
    Brett

How common would a 38 dated chinstrap be on an m42?

Thanks for the comments fellas. Much appreciated as always

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast