Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?

Article about: As mentioned in SS helmet forum...I`m looking at this collection for purchase. Looking for opinions to verify authenticity. 1st helmet Luftwaffe Q62 2nd helmet Luftwaffe NS 64 3rd helmet Luf

Default Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?

As mentioned in SS helmet forum...I`m looking at this collection for purchase.

Looking for opinions to verify authenticity.

1st helmet Luftwaffe Q62

Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?

2nd helmet Luftwaffe NS 64

Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?

3rd helmet Luftwaffe Afrika Tan

Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?

4th helmet heer HKP 62 4408

5th helmet heer CKL not sure on size 5171

Last but not least.....

Red cross afrika corps ET68

Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?

I hope I placed them right! The SS one is in the SS helmet forum.

Thank you for your help!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

1st Helmet: Is that an M40 helmet with Early Bird decal? If so it is fake. And all that fake "paint wash" is scary. Edit: It is an M40. Look at the chin strap bales.
    3rd Helmet: Bad! Decal should NOT be over tan camo
    5th Helmet: Bad! Late war ND helmet with added fake decal
    6th Helmet: Tan Medic - Thumbs down to me. Fake camo

I'm on my cell phone so will leave helmets 2 and 4 to others. I will leave decal validation to others.

Add the fake SS to this list and I feel sorry for the current owner (unless they are trying to pull a fast one on you.)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I suggest you post them separately next time, it reduces the confusion considerably.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I would say every helmet has a fake decal and the medic looks bad as well.
    Looks like someone has got a production line of fake lids going on.

I would call that a collection of junk. It's not from the UK is it?

I decided not to post when i first saw these but let more experienced members analyse them.
    But for nearly all of these i had a bad feeling. I would avoid this entire collection - i'm sure you will find other good helmets soon enough.
    Nick

"Nah, nah nah nah nah!" ...... sounds like a bad tune.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

All of them to be avoided...
    Probably once nice helmets, ruined with fake decals and bad paint jobs (note how all the wear is on the front of the ‘Red Cross’ helmet, utterly inconsistent - also, as MAP points out, decal over tan paint is a non-starter).
    Fine for re-enactment only!

Cheers,
    Bob

Totally agree with the other on authenticity of the helmets. Sorry but thank you for posting.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I'm a newbie here but i had a very bad feeling right away when i saw those pictures

Often i follow my stomach feeling when i feel something is wrong , meaning i stay away and wait for another occasion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast