Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My 1942 no-decal helmet.

Article about: Hello everyone, With the assistance of the collected knowledge of this forum I purchased this helmet a few weeks back and decided it was time to post a few photo's. The more i have looked at

Default My 1942 no-decal helmet.

Hello everyone,

With the assistance of the collected knowledge of this forum I purchased this helmet a few weeks back and decided it was time to post a few photo's. The more i have looked at the M42 no decal I've started to notice some faint initials on one of the tongues in grean opposite the liner size stamp. Very faint but does look like something is there - either Th or Tb??My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.My 1942 no-decal helmet.

I also posed a relic M42 that I own as a comparison of the colours. The relic helmet was allegedly found near Liepaja City - Coastal Artillery positions.

Anyway, enjoy and have a great festive season.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 1942 no-decal helmet.
    P
    Many

Nice one Andy. Nothing wrong with a "no decal", if fact they probably represent the norm for most soldiers during ww2. But collectors and souvenir hunting veterans naturally choose the prettier ones with decals.

Thanks Anderson. Yes, I definitely love non-decal M42's probably even a bit more than ones with decals and as they are getting a bit thin on the ground now is I thought it was time to add one to the collection. The 2nd helmet I purchased was a beautiful small sized single decal M35 which I stupidly swapped for a lesser decaled M42 all because I liked the 42 better. I guess you live and learn. The M35 was purchased from George John's Militaria back in 2000 but I haven't been able to find any mention of him for years. Wonder what happened to him?

Nice hkp no decal you have there.

Nice ND pot.................Getting harder to get as most Non decaled helmets have had dodgy decals applied to in the past

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Nice one Andy. Nothing wrong with a "no decal", if fact they probably represent the norm for most soldiers during ww2. But collectors and souvenir hunting veterans naturally choose the prettier ones with decals.
    Hi, a superb no decal M42, they are getting much harder to come by now as said and after owning several over the years and letting them go, I have now been looking for a good one for some time! My advice is don't let this one go, it will be harder to replace than you imagine and these no decals have rocketed in price too! Leon.

Thanks Fallschirmjager. Yes, I was really lucky to get this one so I won't be letting it go. Hope you find a good one soon.

?

Treasure that no decal, theyre on the endangered species list.

Robt.