Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Camo helmet.

Article about: Hi, New to the forum. Longtime weapons collector. I purchased a group of helmets from a friend and collector that ceased collecting helmets 40 years ago. He has bring back stories for each w

?

Default My Camo helmet.

Hi, New to the forum. Longtime weapons collector. I purchased a group of helmets from a friend and collector that ceased collecting helmets 40 years ago. He has bring back stories for each which I won;t bore you with. In short, I trust him and his memory.

Here is the first helmet I want to show you all. M35 Camo. Evidence of a decal outline on right side, although I have no idea what it is. Photos don't really capture all the thick areas of brush strokes nor the wear/scratches at top. I carefully wiped it down and added some light Renaissance wax on the paint. The helmet was in a trunk for over 40 years and had some light mold. Opinions? THanks in advance, Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Camo helmet.   My Camo helmet.  

My Camo helmet.   My Camo helmet.  

My Camo helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Camo helmet.
    P
    Many

Looks nice, but I'm not sure the artificial lighting shows it off to its best. Maybe better photographed outside in natural light?

?

Outdoor photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Camo helmet.   My Camo helmet.  

M38
    ?

Looks like a nice helmet and most importantly, a real camo. You did not do it any favors though with the wax. Now it looks bright shiny new, not 80 years old!

Being an SE manufacture and green inside, it is most likely a DD Heer helmet.

Cheers,
    Terry

Mmm, nothing waving at red flag on the inside, but the outside? Not much in the way of damage but a well used liner. Not used much after the camo was applied? Who knows. These types of camos are very hard to judge from photos. Personally, I would not have applied Renaissance Wax. By doing so you have altered the original patina. Ren Wax is good on relic pieces but best avoided on originally conditioned pieces.

Andy

?

Copy on the wax. Easily removed with time and warm water. Tonight I will add an ‘as pulled out off 40 yr storage’ hoto. The case had mold and due to my allergies, it had to be gently removed. I was very very gentle and careful. Thanks for your responses. Best, Pete.

MAP
    ?

From these photos (yeah...always a disclaimer with camo photos ) I like it. I love the rough hand painted Brick Red (my favorite camo color)

I agree on the Ren Wax though. Not needed and takes away from the helmet. These were not meant to be shiny, kind of defeats the purpose of a camo.

Look forward to your other photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I like it, the RAL paint colors are spot on, Very Nice. In the future, as others have have stated, please refrain from anything that alters the patina. It's good advice. I believe I see the Tri-color outline on the right side.

I have a Luft M35 in much the same pattern and colors.
    Last edited by relicz; 05-28-2021 at 08:40 PM.
    Regards,
    John

?

Just to add, it’s not as shiny as it seems in photos. The Renn wax only adds a dull luster. In any case I will gently remove the light coat of wax

Looks like a nice camo and echoing the other comments , do nothing to the helmet. No wax , no oil to the leather.
    It devalues the helmet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast