Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first German helmet

Article about: Hello, the title is a bit of a half truth, this here is my first all original German helmet. It's an M42 made by Quist, retains much of the original factory finish and I absolutely love it!

Default My first German helmet

Hello,

the title is a bit of a half truth, this here is my first all original German helmet. It's an M42 made by Quist, retains much of the original factory finish and I absolutely love it!

It is, however, incomplete. The liner is missing both the leather and chinstrap, but displays just fine for my purposes.

There is also a dome stamp. Albeit feint, but it's there!

Enjoy!

My first German helmetMy first German helmetMy first German helmetMy first German helmetMy first German helmetMy first German helmet [ATTACH=CONFIG]15736l03[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images My first German helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first German helmet
    P
    Many

A rare Quist M42! ..... and a reverse DN series 542? ... and luft slate grey?

Was it EVER finished?

I'm waiting to hear the comments ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

A rare bird indeed, if this is your first helmet you did amazingly well! And as Dan said it looks like a lufty grey.

Thanks for your responses!

I do believe it was finished at one point. The band retains the dried remains of what looks like the leather for the lining.

I looked over the split pins as well, not a second bend to them! The band certainly is original to the lid.

I snapped a quick pic of what I believe to be the remains of the leather.

My first German helmet

You are correct, odd how it rotted away so badly

MAP
    ?

Rare beast indeed. A great helmet. A shame about the line especially given the excellent condition to the shell. But beggers can't by choosy when it comes to Q M42's! LoL

Do wish that we had decent photos that could be expanded.....just sayin'.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah, my photos are rather lackluster as I take them using my phone..

I intend on investing in a proper camera in the future however. I got my eyes on a Canon G15 for price, any recommendations?

Regarding its rarity, I hardly knew when I bought it! I mean, the man I bought it from did mention it was 'uber rare', but I could name two other places I could buy them at the time. I suppose when I do journey into military shows I will come to appreciate this lid more than I already do!

There is also the fact I would love to collect as many Quist lids as possible. The fact I scratched off one of the hardest pieces right out of the gate certainly makes the task easier!

The task being: 1 of every size, at least 1 of every model. The latter including the post-war Bundeswehr helmets and at least one ww1 shell.

I am not sure however how many helmets Quist made during ww1, I see them sometimes. I also only ever see them as a large size 66 and of the M16 model.

A fun side quest, if I do say so myself.

Canon G15 No idea but I'd like one! My old G10 took the ghost! frikken good camera!! now on a G7X

MAP
    ?

Quote by TsrorsT View Post
    Yeah, my photos are rather lackluster as I take them using my phone..

I intend on investing in a proper camera in the future however. I got my eyes on a Canon G15 for price, any recommendations?
    My point on the photos was that the resolution is to small so the photos can not be expanded. Not the quality of the photos themselves.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Oh I know, I run with a 3rd rate android. Hardly known for their ability to take real high res photos. A dedicated camera should improve everybody's viewing pleasure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast