Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first m35 DD SE64.. help please

Article about: I just got what was described by “knowledgeable people” to be original and authentic. My logic (based on mind numbing hours of reading and pictures but no authentic items to touch and sm

Default My first m35 DD SE64.. help please

I just got what was described by “knowledgeable people” to be original and authentic. My logic (based on mind numbing hours of reading and pictures but no authentic items to touch and smell yet) shows this may just be exactly what Brian Ice’s book states it is along with the 3-12-1940 ordered My first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleaseMy first m35 DD SE64.. help pleasescraping off of tri color and a darker overpaint job, but with the rest left as original. I look forward to your truth. The decal seems to be what some describe as an SE only look. Please share with me each truth so I have your references to learn by. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first m35 DD SE64.. help please
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

I don't see any red flags. Looks good based on the limitations of the photos. If possible, in the future try to post larger photos from a computer for even better/more accurate feedback.

I have a couple Heer M35's with removed national colors decal. Somewhat typical to find in that configuration.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thank you so much. Per chance, can you tell me the name of the decal maker? I’m trying to learn to differentiate the nuances. They seem so subtle.

MAP
    ?

Looks like an ET style decal to me. These don't have maker names, like Pocher, HJK, etc did. These are known as "House decals" made for the helmet manufacturer
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nothing is mind numbing when you're researching........!
    Paul

Looks good based on these images. A nice early example with a single ply aluminium liner band and all complete.

Andy

Paul, Andy and Map, thank you each for sharing your knowledge. I hope I can soak it all in!!

Quote by michaeldeb0rah View Post
    Paul, Andy and Map, thank you each for sharing your knowledge. I hope I can soak it all in!!
    By owning an original example you’ll definitely get a feel what and how they look and smell. The inside of an original TR helmet has an old steel smell that isn’t really relatable to anything else. You’ll also get a real idea of how paint that’s now over 70 years old, ages and gains patina. Back that up with studying lots of images and original examples helmets in various conditions and configurations, and reading authoritative books and websites, and you’ll soon start to feel a lot more confident in picking the good ones from the bad ones. Keep posting here like you have, and remember the journey to the end, not the finish line, is the fun part

Andy

Andy, I hope at whatever stage of life you are in that you use the same intuitive caring and confirming thought process in growing those around you that weren’t blessed with your gift as you do here. Take care.
    Mike

Andy, I hope at whatever stage of life you are in that you use the same intuitive caring and confirming thought process in growing those around you that weren’t blessed with your gift as you do here. Take care.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast