Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My M42 CKL64, no lot number

Article about: Hello, this is the M42 that I have purchased. As I already told you, it does not bring a lot number. Looking at the helmet I have seen that the rear rivet is marked with the year 1944 as you

Default My M42 CKL64, no lot number

Hello, this is the M42 that I have purchased. As I already told you, it does not bring a lot number. Looking at the helmet I have seen that the rear rivet is marked with the year 1944 as you can see, the fricante of the liner is 0/0256/0038 with the year 1944, although it was difficult for me to read it, as well as the size of the helmet. The leather has interior marking as you will see in the photo and is a clear example of a late war M42. All the best. I await your opinions.My M42 CKL64, no lot numberMy M42 CKL64, no lot numberMy M42 CKL64, no lot numberMy M42 CKL64, no lot numberMy M42 CKL64, no lot number[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M42 CKL64, no lot number   My M42 CKL64, no lot number  

My M42 CKL64, no lot number   My M42 CKL64, no lot number  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M42 CKL64, no lot number
    P
    Many

Sorry, I have not put it in your corresponding forum, if there is any way to put it on your site.

is a correct forum, i'm newbie, sorry

Default Inside the Liner

My M42 CKL64, no lot number

MAP
    ?

Welcome Juan,

Yes, this is the correct forum.

Helmet looks fine to me. A nice late war example.

Interesting that it has no lot number. It is not uncommon on late war helmets to have extremely light strikings of either the maker or lot # or both. Are you sure there are no marks? Or maybe just very very faintly struck.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice complete and correct helmet , congrats.

Thank you for your answers. It is impossible for me to see any lot markings, maybe if you remove the paint, something could be seen, but I prefer to leave them like this, than if I follow the enigma, hahaha.

Very nice helmet,
    maybe I am just seeing things but I do see bits of a 5 and a 7 as far as the lot number goes.. would make sense being such a late war helmet.
    This CKL62 M42 I have also had a fairly weakly stamped lot number.
    M42 ckl62 5260 ND

Luis

P.S.
    And yeah, do NOT under any circumstances think of removing the paint.
    You would totally ruin an untouched helmet, I've seen helmets on ebay often where people did that and by having done that pretty much ruined all collector interest in the item.
    Also ND helmets that didn't get a crappy decal applied post war are becoming more and more scarce

Thank you very much for your answers, I will continue investigating

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Very nice helmet,
    maybe I am just seeing things but I do see bits of a 5 and a 7 as far as the lot number goes.. would make sense being such a late war helmet.
    This CKL62 M42 I have also had a fairly weakly stamped lot number.
    M42 ckl62 5260 ND

Luis

P.S.
    And yeah, do NOT under any circumstances think of removing the paint.
    You would totally ruin an untouched helmet, I've seen helmets on ebay often where people did that and by having done that pretty much ruined all collector interest in the item.
    Also ND helmets that didn't get a crappy decal applied post war are becoming more and more scarce
    I agree w Luis ... Real Deal NDs are good as is .... dont throw a crappy fake Heer decal on there. Now .... if you put an SS on there? That is something different...way cooler.

Just kidding Juan. "Untouched" is the name of the game and you have a nice ND Battle Helmet here. Congrats ! Nothing to mess with here. Strap looks good too!

Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast