Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My M42 SD Arrived!

Article about: Bought this helmet a few weeks ago for a steal (\\$200) and it finally came today! With a light damp cloth this is what it looks like! I am very pleased with this one. It is my second German h

Default My M42 SD Arrived!

Bought this helmet a few weeks ago for a steal ($200) and it finally came today!

With a light damp cloth this is what it looks like! I am very pleased with this one. It is my second German helmet in my collection.

It is stamped in the rear EF66 with a lot number of 15529. The helmet looks to have had two different paints applied to it during its service time. As I posted earlier, this helmet was a souvenir sent home to a young nephew in 1945. From the looks of the liner, I am guessing that it could have possibly been a KIA helmet (Wife is a nurse, and says it looks like dry blood) if not anything it is an honest battlefield pick-up. If only this damn thing could talk!

Let me know what you guys think about it.

Sorry about all the pictures.....kinda excited
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M42 SD Arrived!   My M42 SD Arrived!  

My M42 SD Arrived!   My M42 SD Arrived!  

My M42 SD Arrived!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M42 SD Arrived!
    P
    Many

Hi, a nice honest M42 HEER helmet that's "been there". Not a bad price either. Leon.

Congratulations on a great score! It will clean up beautifully, Liner & Chinstrap all there, paint and partial decal...and at a terrific price too...I can understand the excitement...Well done, a perfectly imperfect representative M42...
    cheers, Glenn

Great score Aaron!

Problem is now that you have two they can ( and will ) breed. Keep them in separate rooms or all hell will break loose and soon you will be a poor Illinois farmer swimming in helmets!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Great looking lid!...

Nice been there as Leon said m42 SD. timothy

Hello! Very nice helmet. The producer is Emaillerwerke Fulda (EF) and 66 is the measure of the shell, that corresponds to the head size 59. It likes me very much, but pay attention to the chinstrap that appears to me very fragile from the pictures. It would be a pity to damage it. I would preserve it with a treatment of special oil like Ballistol or similar. I use it from years for my leather goods (helmet liners,ammo pouches,belts) and everything made of leather, and I'm satisfied. Hope to give you one useful information.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate them!

With corn at $3.00 a bushel I consider myself already to be a "poor" farmer! But am blessed in many ways.

So it would be ok to use this "ballistol" on the liner and chinstrap?

I do need some tips on liner preservation, as this one is pretty salty an stiff....I think its pigskin

Nice Lid...

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

M38
    ?

Quote by IllinoisCornFarmer90 View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate them!

With corn at $3.00 a bushel I consider myself already to be a "poor" farmer! But am blessed in many ways.

So it would be ok to use this "ballistol" on the liner and chinstrap?

I do need some tips on liner preservation, as this one is pretty salty an stiff....I think its pigskin

Congratulations on your purchase. Well used and worn but still very collectable. I can feel your excitement.

I have never used Ballistol myself but have heard of it. Be forewarned though that many if not most leather treatments darken the leather noticeably. I am not saying Ballistol does that but at the very least I would try it on some other old leather you don't care about before using it on the helmet. Sometimes just a damp cloth and gentle cleaning works wonders.

Cheers,
    Terry

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast