Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My minty 42 wire helmet

Article about: Minty wire 42 helmet. Thought I had posted this before but guess not. Had it for 40-50 years, Ray

?

Default My minty 42 wire helmet

Oops. not mint but excellent, wire 42 helmet. Thought I had posted this before but guess not. Had it for 40-50 years, Ray
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My minty 42 wire helmet   My minty 42 wire helmet  

My minty 42 wire helmet   My minty 42 wire helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My minty 42 wire helmet
    P
    Many

?

A few more photos

Been selling off my collection because of my advancing age. I've been collecting for over 40 years. This wire is my last German helmet. Still have a couple nice 39 Russian helmets and number of early US helmets, Hawley's etc. Sold about 70% of my collection already. Still have a bunch of guns and Misc. military stuff to go.

I had the helmet stored for years and it was dusty under the wire like it shows when I first got it and I stored it just like I found it.. I almost made the mistake of cleaning the dust off but my better sense prevailed and I left it in it's uncleaned condition. Ray
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My minty 42 wire helmet   My minty 42 wire helmet  

My minty 42 wire helmet  

Wow ��A beautiful helmet. Love the little loops for holding twigs/foliage etc.

?

Looks terrific, Ray!!! Good luck in your retirement!
    Dave

Very nice lid! Thank you for sharing.
    John

?

Great looking helmet.

Are you selling any of your collection here?

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Hi Ray,

Do you have a maker and lot number? Looks like an Ed Strache decal? These were used on re-issued (typically M-35) helmets. Not aware if they were on issued helmets. Ed Strache decals are commonly found unapplied and are often put on ND helmets.

Thanks!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Map as I will be away from were the helmet is stored until May and I had just checked my computer to see if I had any other photos but all I found were the photos I posted that I had taken years ago. I was new to German Helmet collecting then and didn't realize how important the lot number is to a helmet so apparently didn't take a close up photo of the maker stamp. I think you might be able to see the stamp on the helmet in photo #5 if you enlarge it. , Ray

Any way it looks like the helmet once had twigs or leaves stuck under the wire at one time for if you look closely you can see slight indents or scratches in the paint near the wire.

?

Phil, I don't have any of them in FL. Give me a pm after May and can get photos of them for you.
    Here is the link on the Russian site of my two 39 Russian helmets, Ray

My new SSH 39

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ray.

I tried to expand the photo last night on my PC (now on a cell phone) but couldn't decipher it.

If / when you get the lot number and maker that would be great.

Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast