Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new army double decal helmet..

Article about: “As-Is” Model 1935 Army Double Decal Helmet-Here is a well-used example.*What is also interesting are the lines in the finish, evidence of a camouflage wire that once resided on the helmet.

Default My new army double decal helmet..

Model 1935 Army Double Decal Helmet-Here is a well-used example.This is on the way to me i think it is a very nice well-used helmet.my first DD helmet.what do you all think.hope its a good one...???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new army double decal helmet..   My new army double decal helmet..  

My new army double decal helmet..   My new army double decal helmet..  

My new army double decal helmet..   My new army double decal helmet..  

Last edited by oldthings; 10-02-2017 at 09:44 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new army double decal helmet..
    P
    Many

decals have been uncovered.*
    Last edited by oldthings; 10-02-2017 at 09:47 AM.

“As-Is” Model 1935 Army Double Decal Helmet-Here is a well-used example that has lots of character! It was refinished with a darker shade of green during a reissue, with the original apple green parade finish visible on the interior. It rates at about 50% intact. What is also interesting are the lines in the finish, evidence of a camouflage wire that once resided on the helmet. The left side has an army decal that remains 50% intact, while over on the right side is a tri color shield that remains 60% intact. We believe both of these have been uncovered. The size 54 leather liner was treated at some point in its life and is very dark after this. It remains soft, with some age cracking and scuffing. There is a replacement drawstring and a reinforced aluminum liner band which is size stamped, maker marked and dated 1939. The side of the interior is stamped ET 62 indicating this was produced by the firm of Eisenhuttenwerke of Thale in the size of 62. The rear skirt is stamped with the steel lot number 4518 indicating production some time in 1940. There is a leather chinstrap with aluminum fittings, this was treated most likely at the same time as the liner and is darkened as well. A great buy!

I little pricey for a "liberated decaled small sized (54) pot" IMHO

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    “As-Is” Model 1935 Army Double Decal Helmet-Here is a well-used example that has lots of character! It was refinished with a darker shade of green during a reissue, with the original apple green parade finish visible on the interior. It rates at about 50% intact. What is also interesting are the lines in the finish, evidence of a camouflage wire that once resided on the helmet. The left side has an army decal that remains 50% intact, while over on the right side is a tri color shield that remains 60% intact. We believe both of these have been uncovered. The size 54 leather liner was treated at some point in its life and is very dark after this. It remains soft, with some age cracking and scuffing. There is a replacement drawstring and a reinforced aluminum liner band which is size stamped, maker marked and dated 1939. The side of the interior is stamped ET 62 indicating this was produced by the firm of Eisenhuttenwerke of Thale in the size of 62. The rear skirt is stamped with the steel lot number 4518 indicating production some time in 1940. There is a leather chinstrap with aluminum fittings, this was treated most likely at the same time as the liner and is darkened as well. A great buy!

you think its to much for this one.i was going to pay for it tomorr...

liberated do you think it was reissue after ww2...

Liberated means "dug out" An over paint either wartime or post war that has had the old paint removed to expose the decals underneath.

As for price - it is always subjective - but personally being "liberated" does not command the thousand bucks he is asking for it - but that's just me - I'm tight

Liberated means "dug out" An over paint either wartime or post war that has had the old paint removed to expose the decals underneath.

As for price - it is always subjective - but personally being "liberated" does not command the thousand bucks he is asking for it - but that's just me - I'm tight
    You got thinking on it now it's just I do not have a lot of $$ to put into one at this time.

M38
    ?

I have to agree with John on this one. The dug out decals kill the deal for most collectors. For a thousand dollars or so, you can find a better one ......they are not plentiful at that price but they do show up. You should be able to find one in similar condition WITHOUT dug decals for that price, just be patient.

Cheers,
    Terry

M38
    ?

Here is an example, a better buy in my opinion.

Terry

DD ARMY M35 HELMET | Collector to Collector Militaria

Hi, the gent's are spot on, I also avoid "dug out" decal helmets, they look a bit ugly in my opinion and the decals are only showing due to post war tampering. I would much rather have one with the decals still covered and unmolested. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast