Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My second M35

Article about: Hello I bought a week ago this wonderful M35 SD Lufty on the Ebay Kleinanzeigen It was found in Belgium and is in a wonderful shape All it seem to be used hard, but inside the shell is it un

Default My second M35

Hello
    I bought a week ago this wonderful M35 SD Lufty on the Ebay Kleinanzeigen
    It was found in Belgium and is in a wonderful shape
    All it seem to be used hard, but inside the shell is it unused
    The rivets were early and unopened
    The shield was removed and the eagle seem very used
    The liner is a aluminium one and 1940 dated
    It was made by Quist in size 64
    The strap was Fieldrepaired
    The seller mean that it is like it was found after the War
    It have a damage on the right side
    What do you say to this beauty
    LG
    Niko
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My second M35   My second M35  

My second M35   My second M35  

My second M35   My second M35  

My second M35  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My second M35
    P
    Many

I forgot this picture of the dome and decal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My second M35   My second M35  

Based on these images the decal on this one has been liberated judging by the wear to it and the surrounding paint. The liner band looks exceptionally clean in comparison to the rest of the shell - almost as though it’s been sanded or cleaned with something. The liner has that dark wet look that a ground dug liner would have. The paint on the one rivet looks different to that on the shell. I’m wondering if it has been taken out or replaced. Do you have any photos of all the rivets inside and out? Really need more hi res images of the pin and paint on the shell to evaluate.

Again just my opinion but these are the things I would be curious about if I saw this helmet for sale online.

This one looks like it has been in the ground for some time to me. Ground dug up and then cleaned, but unfortunately it is in quite poor condition.
    Personally i would have held out for something in better condition.

I personally don't think it was in the ground, because the steel itself doesn't show any rust, if you look at areas where there is no paint there is no deep rusting, just something on the surface level. Maybe it was found in an attic and then cleaned. Probably by that time they also put something on the leather to "preserve" it.
    It could also have been post war overpainted and the paint was removed recently.
    Luis

Thanks for the comments
    For a overpaint the eagle and the under colour is in to good shape
    I thing found short after the war in a waterpool swamp and cleaned it from the dirt
    It was oiled and than no patina can be found
    LG