Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mystery M40

Article about: Hey guys hope everyone is doing well.! So I’m taking a long shot chance on this m40 for 250 dollars If it’s a loss then oh well I figured it’s worth the chance these where the only pho

Default Mystery M40

Hey guys hope everyone is doing well.! So I’m taking a long shot chance on this m40 for 250 dollars If it’s a loss then oh well I figured it’s worth the chance these where the only photos provided I asked for clear pictures of the helmet in sunlight but he said it was already at the post office packaged up because there was a winning bid who failed to pay. Which I’m pretty sure that’s not why But the liner to me looked original so worse come to worse I’ll have a shell and a original liner. The first thing I’ll probably do is remove the bread bag straps from the helmet.

He also said he could not see any makers mark or lot code as he called it. so hopefully he just overlooked the numbers or just weakly stamped.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery M40   Mystery M40  

Mystery M40   Mystery M40  

Mystery M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mystery M40
    P
    Many

Nothing screams danger so far......rough outer finish looks fine. Liner might be good too. Heres hoping but for 250 clams you did well!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Agree with Dan. Looks like you may get a good helmet.

Let's see what you uncover once you get it
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you guys! It’ll be here Monday so it will be interesting to find out lol

I like the bread bag strap! I put a green one on an M42. I bought a SD M40 Luft from my Secretary about 25 years ago hat her late Father in Law brought back, along with an Austrian M17 reissue. When she brought them to the office there was a blue bread bag strap on the M40. She had no idea if it Eason the helmet when her Father in Law captured it, nor did her husband. I left it on because I think it looks cool! I will post it someday. You did well with your buy, it looks great to me.

Thank you helmet2id I might leave it on as there is no decal I can see anyway! And that helmet sounds interesting I’ll be waiting for you to share it!

With no stamped markings, are we certain that the shell isn't an M-55?

All Post war M-55’s I have seen do not have the rough paint texture so I do not think so but that could honestly be a possibility maybe. It will be interesting to see!

This one looks fine to me, too, nice M40, maybe an EF where the decal came off, air vents kinda look like EF.
    Nice to see initials on the liner, too.
    Doesn't look like a post war shell to me, looks like factory schiefergrau/blaugrau to me.
    If it is indeed fine you'll have gotten yourself a very nice helmet for a very good price.
    Luis

The helmet has arrived! And surprisingly I think the gamble on the helmet paid off! I believe everything on this helmet to be original apart from the bread bag strap that is on it. You can even see where the decal was at one point and there is markings! It’s a EF64 and I’m not sure if it’s just lot number 53 or just lightly stamped and you can not see the other numbers also the breadstrap seems to be named I’m not sure if this was a thing but it looks like the last name is Muller and dated 1939. All in all I’m happy with the helmet! Still trying to decide just to leave it on or just take it off.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery M40   Mystery M40  

Mystery M40  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast