Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Named heer m40

Article about: I’m looking for help in finding out what happened to the German who owned this helmet. The bullet hole might look bad for the chances at first but I bought it directly from the US veterans

Good point. Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named heer m40
    P
    Many

Great point. Thank you for your input.

A very nice pickup! Congratulations.

I had a look over the name again, i dont think its what u wrote, but i cant find a name that makes sense either, it should be an Sch if it is german, but there is definitly no c.

But, did u realise there are other Markings on the helmet? It looks like there are letters scratched into the skirt.

Named heer m40

A nice find with a good story, but very little to go on as regards finding out anything about Karl ? I don't think you have got the surname right, but it's difficult to work out what it might be. If he wasn't wearing it and was taken prisoner then I see no reason why he didn't get home after the war.

Thank you for the input. I’ll try to post pictures of the scratches. I believe the scratches say May 45 then there’s more to it but it’s very hard to read. Do any of you know any ways to get it “deciphered”? Is there some sort of powerful magnifying glass thing that could help me find out what his surname is?

Named heer m40
    Named heer m40
    Named heer m40

I tried getting the reflection to shine on what I think is May

Named heer m40

I tried to get a picture of the whole thing

Named heer m40

On the fifth picture is where I think 45 is but I would like all of yours opinions.

Named heer m40
    Named heer m40

The last two pictures are hard to make out what it says but it comes after the May 45.

I agree with the MAY and then a 4, but the next one... is hard. It looks like there is more then just one number, hard to find out. Try to play with the light a bit. I noticed the scratching on my M35 only a week later, and only even later i realised there was also a Unit Number. I could see it best if i held it in a certain degree against the sunlight.

To the name.. well, hard to tell, especially on pictures. Maybe try to get opinions from other ppl that can hold it in their hands, these things are hard to find out only on photos.

Thank you. I will try to get pictures outside from multiple angles. Hopefully that helps in finding the surname.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast